Box behind drivers seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndySL

Car
R230 SL500
Is there any way of opening the box behind the drivers seat if the PSE pump fails when the box is locked and you need to replace the 20A fuze for the PSE pump on a R230 SL500

Is there any way of opening the box behind the drivers seat if the PSE pump fails when the box is locked and you need to replace the 20A fuze for the PSE pump on a R230 SL500

You can't open the lid, but if you move the driver's seat all the way forward, you'll see a rectangular panel mounted vertically in the carpeted area. That unclips (use a big screwdriver) which then gives you sight of the fuses end on.

The PSE fuse is the yellow 20amp, just left of centre. Long nose pliers are the easiest way to get at it, but thin fingers will also work!

You can't open the lid, but if you move the driver's seat all the way forward, you'll see a rectangular panel mounted vertically in the carpeted area. That unclips (use a big screwdriver) which then gives you sight of the fuses end on.

The PSE fuse is the yellow 20amp, just left of centre. Long nose pliers are the easiest way to get at it, but thin fingers will also work!

Hi,
Thanks for your help, however as the PSE pump either pushes air through the connecting pipework or sucks it out, I disconnected the yellow pipes from the back of the PSE pump and sucked each pipe in turn.
The first pipe I sucked was the r/h pipe on the top row and by pure luck this opened the box. When I sucked on the third from the right on top row it opened the petrol cap which was another problem I would have had as this had stuck closed as well.
So if you need to open the box to replace a fuze or open the petrol cap just suck on the top row of pipes after disconnecting them from the PSE pump and this should do the trick.
Took out PSE pump bone dry inside but noticed build up of carbon inside impeller housing, cleaned impeller on PSE pump re-assembled pump and replaced the fuze pump now working OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom