Boxed in by two cars in the neighbourhood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
I was walking my dog last night and noticed that two tiny cars managed to box me in even though the guy at the front (a fiat 500) could literally fit his car twice infront of me. I thought to myself you better be gone by 8am tomorrow or else I will probably push your toy car out of the way.
I walked by the car and there it still was. I managed to get out with 10 tiny reversals but I felt I had to somehow confront this guy/gal. I stepped out of the car and wrote with my finger on the windshield C*NT.
I am sure going to give them an earfull if I see who they are.

I was walking my dog last night and noticed that two tiny cars managed to box me in even though the guy at the front (a fiat 500) could literally fit his car twice infront of me. I thought to myself you better be gone by 8am tomorrow or else I will probably push your toy car out of the way.
I walked by the car and there it still was. I managed to get out with 10 tiny reversals but I felt I had to somehow confront this guy/gal. I stepped out of the car and wrote with my finger on the windshield C*NT.
I am sure going to give them an earfull if I see who they are.
I think a gentle chat would be my first approach. Maybe their response could lead to a satisfactory result or if not resort to your first idea ;)

You know you have one in the neighborhood now, so next time park so that there's not as much room for them to pull that sh!t
I try to but there is a lot of car re-shuffling thats how we end up in situations like this. And its not random I am only upset with the guy who parked infront of me, it genuinly looked that the person who parked behind me barely fit their car and i know they parked later. The guy infront of me had all the space to fit another FIAT 500 - and based on that size no other car, yet they felt the need to park bumper to bumper with me.

I think a gentle chat would be my first approach. Maybe their response could lead to a satisfactory result or if not resort to your first idea ;)
And you think you can get through to a person who was so inconsiderate in the frist place using a diplomatic language?

Fiat 500? Just bought one for the wife, you could push it out of the way!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Years ago I saw a guy come out of the Post Office on Baker Street in London to find his Jag had been blocked in by a Volvo. He just calmly shunted it out of the way before driving off.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Trust me i was really tempted but I was concerned for damage etc.

I might be the odd one out here but with respect if you managed to get out then he hasn’t completely boxed you in otherwise you would still be stuck there.
Yes he’s guilty of inconsiderate parking and yes it is frustrating but if it was only a one off you would have been better having a rant to yourself and left it at that.
By writing the c word on his windscreen you are now in the lap of the gods. You could have potentially taken the situation to the next level with regards to the temperament of the owner.
Let’s just hope he accepts his punishment ie. the c word and that he doesn’t decide to take it out on your car.
This is how road rage starts or as in this case parking rage and we all know how this can escalate.
I think you have over reacted in this instance.
Now if I was in your shoes what we do up north is first of all slash all of his / her tyres and then practice one or two swings of the baseball bat (which I keep in the boot by the way) on the Fiats windows.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

And you think you can get through to a person who was so inconsiderate in the frist place using a diplomatic language?
Probably not but option 2 still applies. ;)

I might be the odd one out here but with respect if you managed to get out then he hasn’t completely boxed you in otherwise you would still be stuck there.
Yes he’s guilty of inconsiderate parking and yes it is frustrating but if it was only a one off you would have been better having a rant to yourself and left it at that.
By writing the c word on his windscreen you are now in the lap of the gods. You could have potentially taken the situation to the next level with regards to the temperament of the owner.
Let’s just hope he accepts his punishment ie. the c word and that he doesn’t decide to take it out on your car.
This is how road rage starts or as in this case parking rage and we all know how this can escalate.
Now if I was in your shoes what we do up north is first of all slash all of his / her tyres and then practice one or two swings of the baseball bat (which I keep in the boot by the way) on the Fiats windows.

Yes you are the odd one and possibly stoned

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

I had a situation where I park each day in a residential street.
I parked sensibly between two parked cars with a small but reasonable gap front and back and went off to work.
Returning to my car later after work I was confronted/ambushed by an angry woman who came rushing out of her house asking why I had parked so badly taking up two spaces meaning she had to park round the corner!!!
Now during the day the cars had shuffled around and it appeared I had indeed taken two spaces, I explained this to her and we had a chat about the problem and she seemed to realise I hadn’t done anything wrong, but it showed how much of a problem it was for her and probably other residents in that road.
Not saying the fiat hasn’t done this to you on purpose but is there more going on than you realise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I once got blocked in while on holiday in Malta. I pushed the car out of my way,.....
right into the middle of the street. I bet he got a surprise when he returned.

A similar thing happened to me in Ayr, I was parked right at the end of double yellows and on returning there was a Merc sitting on the yellows and right on my bumper. I tried the same push but the Merc wouldn’t budge being an automatic I suppose, so I had to do several cuts to get out.

And then write the c word on the windscreen....

If you find your car blocked in you can phone the council , who will possibly remove the car and charge the owner for recovery and storage

If you find your car blocked in you can phone the council , who will possibly remove the car and charge the owner for recovery and storage

Slight Post Hijack, but good luck with that approach! :rolleyes:

Where I live getting a Council Employee to answer the Phone before 11:00 is nigh on impossible and the Council would also be Totally NFI!:dk:

Yes , it’s something of a lottery : some councils will do this readily , others won’t .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom