Boxster RS60 Spyder with too much leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
It's here, and it's lovely.

It was pelting down as I drove it out.

Been playing with it all day in the rain. On the motorway, coastal roads, bendy country roads and A roads. Even had the roof down and froze as I was wearing a polo t shirt.

Not taken it beyond 4000rpm, and then only very briefly near 4000rpm. The sound from the exhaust from about 3800rpm is sublime, but heard very little of that today.

However, it's been fantastic. Fastest I went was about 95mph .. rock steady despite the cross winds.

First impressions:

1. The Bi-Xenons are great, better than the Xenons on my 01 CLK55

2. BOSE also good, but not used it with CD so can't be sure, but I like.

3. Can't get the garage door opener to work. Maybe time will help me read and understand the instructions!

4. Ride is fine on 19" in PASM normal. I had it on PASM Sport on the faster roads and it felt fine -- more brittle but only gets badly upset on third world bumpy roads, of which there are plenty. Played with this much more than I expected. And good fun.

5. Sports exhaust is a bit strange. It goes quiet around 2000rpm at low speeds if you are accelerating hard. Must be something to do with EU drive by regulations.

6. Cutest feature is the LED door pocket light at night.

7. Interior is so sexy at night when the interior rights come on. The best time to look at all that redness.

8. There is some coating on the windscreen (Rain X?) .. I was able to drive at motorway speeds without using the wipers in quite heavy rain.

I LOVE IT, despite selling all my limbs for it.

Pictures below .. they are not great as (i) I am useless with cameras, and (ii) I was too preoccupied with looking at it. Only 2 outside, the rest are of the options (mostly to do with the leather bits).

Cheers.

front-08.jpg

rear-08.jpg

top-trim.jpg

steering-colum.jpg

cruise-etc.jpg

gear-top-trim.jpg

auto-dim-garage.jpg

sun-visor-switch.jpg

sun-visor-light.jpg

left-door-opener.jpg

door-pocket-light-1.jpg

pass-door-guard.jpg

driver-door-guard.jpg

Last edited:
It's lovely but a little too red for me......mind you I wouldn't object.....:cool:

very nice , im a little envious :) but in a good way.

Those dash clocks look good , are those special spyder 60 ones? don't they normally have a cover over them with mesh at the back?

the red is very difficult to photograph accurately .. it's not as in your face as it looks. best at night.

Looks pretty good in sunlight too. :rock: :rock:

As I was leaving a car park today, a middle aged woman stopped dead in front of the car in the middle (while her mate scurried away) of the road, saying it's beautiful, it's gorgeous.

It's lovely but a little too red for me......mind you I wouldn't object.....:cool:

Yes, the RS60 has the cover removed as an 'extra'.

There is slight reflection, but it isn't noticeable.

very nice , im a little envious :) but in a good way.

Those dash clocks look good , are those special spyder 60 ones? don't they normally have a cover over them with mesh at the back?

Interesting that you can't get the garage door opener to work.

I have just taken delivery of a Cayenne and the 'Home link' garage door opener will not accept the signal from the remote but my 911 has the same sytem and worked first time.

The Porsche OPC gave me a Bulletin on reprogramming the opener to English settings but that never worked either.

Back to the RS, I have just bought my Son in Law one and he was a bit miffed that the rear badge did not say RS so he bought one off of e bay ! Also, the side stickers did not say RS so we got some done by our sign writer.

rs5.jpg

rs60back.jpg

PS The lad in the photo is my Grandson, not my son in Law !!

Last edited:
Lovely car :)

Gorgeous car! The sport exhaust button that activates the bypass valve is awesome!

Did you buy that from Porsche Reading? If so, my friend Andy (who is doing my sound system install) fitted a tracker on it last week.

I was there giving him a hand :D

Last edited:
Looks great. I really like the red interior. Very individual and classy looking.

(for a Porsche) ;)

My old man has the 987 Boxster S and it sounds NICE. His has every extra on it, inc PCM, PASM, Xenon, BOSE, Multi CD, Memory seats, phone and its a fabulous car. The electrics have given the odd niggle here and there but its a great car.it also shifts proper fast :cool:

Well done on your purchase. I like your red leather, colour etc.

My old man has the 987 Boxster S and it sounds NICE. His has every extra on it, inc PCM, PASM, Xenon, BOSE, Multi CD, Memory seats, phone and its a fabulous car. The electrics have given the odd niggle here and there but its a great car.it also shifts proper fast :cool:

Well done on your purchase. I like your red leather, colour etc.

they gave me one for 24 hours last year and ive been completely wasted for everything since.

Not only does it do the traffic lights drag really well , it goes round corners just as fast. My nerve always gave way before the grip did. i did 250 miles in 24 hours and i had to restrain myself from doing any more. Really loved it...

OPC M-S was telling me about this special RS badge that had been sent of for special chroming ...

I am quite miffed that Homelink is not working ..

Maybe the system in the vast underground car park. Need to speak to Homelink people I suspect.

There was another RS60 for collection the day I collected mine, plus showroom model. 3 in all, common as muck :D

Interesting that you can't get the garage door opener to work.

Back to the RS, I have just bought my Son in Law one and he was a bit miffed that the rear badge did not say RS so he bought one off of e bay ! Also, the side stickers did not say RS so we got some done by our sign writer.

bought from Mid-Sussex, and have managed to find insurance co which doesn't require tracker so not going to bother.

Gorgeous car! The sport exhaust button that activates the bypass valve is awesome!

Did you buy that from Porsche Reading? If so, my friend Andy (who is doing my sound system install) fitted a tracker on it last week.

I was there giving him a hand :D

I had one for a weekend last autumn, did 400 miles, and was utterly hooked ...

The AMG is sedate, comparatively speaking, in terms of reactions and raciness.

Get one, I did!

they gave me one for 24 hours last year and ive been completely wasted for everything since.

Not only does it do the traffic lights drag really well , it goes round corners just as fast. My nerve always gave way before the grip did. i did 250 miles in 24 hours and i had to restrain myself from doing any more. Really loved it...

I would dread taking one out for a weekends test drive as I know I would end up convincing myself I cant live without one ......then I would have to convince my wife............then change her car too.............then ..then....

Damn you only live once ....I getting tempted....to try one..:)

Hello

Nice car and forgive my ignorance, what's the beef with it being called a RS60? is it a special edition Boxster?

Sorry I could google it but as you will know its probably easier to ask.

:)

Glad your happy with it.

yes, a special edition with lots of useful and quite a few pointless extras ..

Boxster sales are hugely down, hence the 'value' special edition

Hello

Nice car and forgive my ignorance, what's the beef with it being called a RS60? is it a special edition Boxster?

Sorry I could google it but as you will know its probably easier to ask.

:)

Glad your happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom