Boy racers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1945wickedred

Car
Mercedes SL350
Why do these pre tend racers like to cut up old guys driving Mercs,had one today a right little ****,usually go after them but thought better of it,I know I have the horses under my foot so why take the bait but I really do hate them coming anywhere near me,must be an age thing I guess.I keep hoping to catch them up wrapped round a large tree.:bannana:

Do you drive like an old ****? Perhaps thats why people who place more of a value on their time than you do try to get past?

Why do these pre tend racers like to cut up old guys driving Mercs,had one today a right little ****,usually go after them but thought better of it,I know I have the horses under my foot so why take the bait but I really do hate them coming anywhere near me,must be an age thing I guess.I keep hoping to catch them up wrapped round a large tree.:bannana:

I hear you.

It's not an age thing. They're just very immature with much to learn.

Best to stay clear and let them bugger off. They're nothing but a hazard to you and your car.

:thumb:

They do indeed have a lot to learn and not all of them are lucky enough to live to see maturity. It's always unpleasant to read or hear of these tragic accidents and I always wonder how I would feel if it were one of my family, it must be devastating.
Maybe if they were made to look at the possible results of such foolish behaviour they would have second thoughts. I have to feel for their families and also for the emergency services who have the job of dealing with some very gruesome sights.
Always better to be alert and make allowances for all other motorists and their stupidity. OK 99.9% are sensible (maybe) but you just never know!

BBC News - Two dead as car hits telegraph pole

You have obviously not seen the old codgers that pootle round southend causing mayhem with scant regard for anyone else. Yes the Essex boy racers can be a little raw - but they always have **** cars so it is amusing to taunt them on the a127..

I hope the boy racers take themselves out, but if you drive well below the NSL on certain roads when more speed can be safely used, you can expect to be overtaken.

Redbaron drives a BMW. He has a duty to cut people up and drift sideways everywhere...

There was an awesome collection of badly driven tat at Festival Park last night... but it was no match for the panicky pensioners and women I encounter in central london....

Are traffic lights, keep left bollards and no-entry signs really that difficult to follow...? and as for the roundabouts... was cut up, pushed, barged and generally endangered probably 20 times - not once was it a boy race - or a bus or taxi :)

They do indeed have a lot to learn and not all of them are lucky enough to live to see maturity. It's always unpleasant to read or hear of these tragic accidents and I always wonder how I would feel if it were one of my family, it must be devastating.
Maybe if they were made to look at the possible results of such foolish behaviour they would have second thoughts. I have to feel for their families and also for the emergency services who have the job of dealing with some very gruesome sights.
Always better to be alert and make allowances for all other motorists and their stupidity. OK 99.9% are sensible (maybe) but you just never know!

BBC News - Two dead as car hits telegraph pole

I have been involved in the "Think Car" campaign a few times in Cheshire.

This involves any driver (targeting younger drivers) stopped for minor offences being invited to attend the fire station where we have the think car.

The "Think Car" is a Renault Megane which was involved in a RTC where the young lad died. The car is a real mess and most who attend think it has crashed at approx 80mph, but it was only 35-40mph into a tree. The attending people get to see the car and are told the full story of what had happened by the Mum and Dad of the young lad, followed by a short video of similar things. Its very hard hitting and gets to most people and the feedback from those who attend is very possitive.

Even if this education only saves a small percentage its worth it..

There was an awesome collection of badly driven tat at Festival Park last night... but it was no match for the panicky pensioners and women I encounter in central london....

Are traffic lights, keep left bollards and no-entry signs really that difficult to follow...? and as for the roundabouts... was cut up, pushed, barged and generally endangered probably 20 times - not once was it a boy race - or a bus or taxi :)

I know this feeling well - behind a transit today, normal road, nothing in front so why was he driving between 15-20mph. Donk.

It gets on my nerves how other slow, dodgy, panicky, pressed up to the screen like a meerkat, 'shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car' drivers - determine how every ones else behind them needs to drive as well. > Every one has a different cost of time, I know what mine is, and it ain't driving like a sponge that's for sure . Get in and get to A to B as safe/quickly/within the law as you can, job done.

Hence I call again for people ( any age ) to re-sit driving test every 10 years. Those that don't/can't haven't got the brain cells to pass the test should bloody well stay off the roads. :devil:

mini rant over. > good topic OP

Carrsey said:

This involves any driver (targeting younger drivers) stopped for minor offences being invited to attend the fire station where we have the think car.

The "Think Car" is a Renault Megane which was involved in a RTC where the young lad died. The car is a real mess and most who attend think it has crashed at approx 80mph, but it was only 35-40mph into a tree. The attending people get to see the car and are told the full story of what had happened by the Mum and Dad of the young lad, followed by a short video of similar things. Its very hard hitting and gets to most people and the feedback from those who attend is very possitive.

A great campaign. Good luck with this. We should as a group look to support initiatives like this. Way to many people get in cars without any comprehension of the impact of their actions on others.

I think we have short memories.

I too was a boy racer, terrorising others when I was (a bit) younger, whether in my 1380cc Mini or my selection of very quick, very loud bikes.

Youth makes you smile at age, age makes you frown at youth.

Do you drive like an old ****? Perhaps thats why people who place more of a value on their time than you do try to get past?

People who drive too fast generally do not value the things they ought to - like life .

You have obviously not seen the old codgers that pootle round southend causing mayhem with scant regard for anyone else. Yes the Essex boy racers can be a little raw - but they always have **** cars so it is amusing to taunt them on the a127..

The public roads are not for playing games on , and 'taunting' other drivers can only ever end badly .

We do very similar here in Strathclyde , both by going around schools and targeting the 16/17 yo's , and to slightly older 'invited audiences' courtesy of the local courts .

We have a small collection of cars from various RTC's and besides our firefighters , we get traffic cops , paramedics , surgeons , pathologists and even undertakers to come along and give some input .

As a photographer who attends a lot of serious incidents , I have lots of hard hitting images , although the worst ones are not really suitable for showing to the public , sometimes I feel I would like to .

The next time you have to help scrape up somebody's brain tissue off the road , see if you feel 'holier than thou' .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom