Bra for your car!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Translated using babelfish:

bra.jpg

I've seen these on Porsche 911's. They may provide good protection but they don't look good though :)

Don't even think about it!

I had a 5 series a few years ago, and on an impulse when in San Francisco I popped into a BMW showroom and bought a Bra for it.
Mine actually looked quite good, and the looks from other drivers was a picture, they could not work out what the car was.
However the downside, it rains a lot here! soggy bra on bonnet caused paint to mark quite badly, and I was minus a few hundred quid to get it repaired. I decided that it would have been cheaper to get the stone chips done.

Paul.

I take it you can get these for other panels? bumper bra, wing bra, underwired roof storage lmao. Combined with snow chains in the winter!

Made me laff anyway!

Rumble said:
I take it you can get these for other panels? bumper bra, wing bra, underwired roof storage lmao. Combined with snow chains in the winter!

Made me laff anyway!

Depending on the car, you can get varying sizes which cover more or less of the grill hood (bonnet) and all the way down the bumper. In the US there are more that you can shake a stick at. Sad but true.

IMHO stone chips look better.

My parents had some of those ugly plastic things on the end of the doors of one of their cars. One of them fell off taking a load of paint with it! The other was held on pretty tight, pulled it off and paint came off with it too. Once again, a few small chips would have looked better than either the big ugly plastic things or the damage they did!

mmm, so much less noticeable than a few miniscule stone chips.

The main reason for using a car bra is to defeat laser speed cameras and guns, you can't get a laser lock with one of these bra's fitted;) But boy do they spoil the car or what, think I rather pay the £60 and take the 3 points :D

All the rage in Canada & the States - don't look good but can see the purpose, especially with low nose car's but imagine this on a Ferrari..!!!

It's not just to protect against stone chips, it also saves a lot of time cleaning flies off, not that I would have one but I can see the benefits....

The main reason for using a car bra is to defeat laser speed cameras and guns, you can't get a laser lock with one of these bra's fitted;) But boy do they spoil the car or what, think I rather pay the £60 and take the 3 points :D

Are you sure about that?

I'm sure they could point the laser at some other bit of the car, like the bumper?

Ian has one for his R32, to protect against stone chips when travelling although not often used to be fair.

My uncle had one which also covered the lower bumper for his 911, travelling from London to Cornwall he obviously wanted to avoid irritating chips on a newly sprayed car!

They really for the warmer climates to keep bugs and other creepy crawlies off your
gleaming bodywork.

You then snap the bra off and give it a wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom