Brabus 8Jx17's on W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doodle

MB Enthusiast
Car
R129, KTM 1290SAR, Superb 272 wagon
Well, thanks to Simon the C250 now has a spangly set of Monoblock IV's under the arches.

However, as I expected the fronts are just rubbing on the arches. It is only on big bumps, but it is enough to make me want to change them for the correct sized rubber, and keep them to go onto the rear.

Any ideas as to what the right size is? The Brabus website isn't showing specs for the 202. Currently it's running 235/45R17's on 8Jx17 ET30 rims, I'm currently thinking towards dropping to 225's

Ta muchly...

Front's now have a nice set of Eagle F1 GSD3's fitted, and no sign whatsoever of any bodywork contact. £85 a tyre c/o the chaps at Headley Tyres.

DolphiN Tech said:
Ta muchly...

Front's now have a nice set of Eagle F1 GSD3's fitted, and no sign whatsoever of any bodywork contact. £85 a tyre c/o the chaps at Headley Tyres.

A fantastic price. I normally pay about £120 each for 225/17 F1's.

Where are they exactly?

They are on the A339 towards Basingstoke, just south of Newbury. Interior balancing with adhesive weights is included in that price, but I did not have my valves changed, kept the original tyres and paid cash. I think the quoted price all-in is around £89.

Generally their prices are pretty similar to Micheldever, and although the range they hold in stock is not as extensive, they cover pretty much all of the popular options, plus they are 5 minutes from home rather than 40.

DolphiN Tech said:
Well, thanks to Simon the C250 now has a spangly set of Monoblock IV's under the arches.

However, as I expected the fronts are just rubbing on the arches. It is only on big bumps, but it is enough to make me want to change them for the correct sized rubber, and keep them to go onto the rear.

Any ideas as to what the right size is? The Brabus website isn't showing specs for the 202. Currently it's running 235/45R17's on 8Jx17 ET30 rims, I'm currently thinking towards dropping to 225's

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS???!?!!?!!!!!!

-simon

Coming, honest.

I was hoping to clean the car before taking a pic to show them at their best, but between a bout of the flu and post-honeymoon lack of organisation, I haven't cleaned the car.

Hence the 'dirty' pic will go up tonight when I download it from the camera!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom