Brabus box or remap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc350cdi

Car
E350 CDI amg sport
Any thoughts on the better option?, I have a 350cdi 231bhp, wanting to get more humph!!

I have had a Revo remap twice, once on an A3 and once on an A6, I wasn't that impressed with either.

I had an Emaps remap on our 123d and that was impressive, and a DMS map on our 535d touring that was brilliant, massive difference.

However, the most impressive tuning I have ever had was the D6 on my old E320cdi and the CRD-T+ that is on our current X3, both are tuning boxes and both sit on the turbo as well as the fuel rail.

Not saying don't go for a remap, but I would hunt our a Brabus if the right price as they are very impressive on you know what you are getting with them too.

I had the Brabus box on my CLS.........bloomin' lovely conversion and as smooth and unobtrusive as any "remap" I have had, it felt "factory fitted" in as much there were no surges, no turbo lag, a real smooth power curve increase.

Definite +1 for the BB.

Last edited:
Remap of course! Come and see us at MSL :D

D6S on my s212 E350. Super smooth, nice power increase. Can be an expensive 'box' but has Merc/Brabus warranty on my new car.

I had the Brabus box on my CLS.........bloomin' lovely conversion and as smooth and unobtrusive as any "remap" I have had, it felt "factory fitted" in as much there were no surges, no turbo lag, a real smooth power curve increase.

Definite +1 for the BB.
I've been offered a w212 d6 box for a 265 bhp for a very good price but the problem is i have a 231bhp, now there are some people who have fitted the same box with no problems and numerous posts on the internet confirm this, should i fit it and see what happens?,or should i just bite the bullet and fit at the extra cost the correct box?,i should think its worth a try surely?

Contact Brabus, they are very helpful.......there is a chap there in Germany who gets mentioned as the contact, I am sure somebody has his details in here somewhere.

Contact Brabus, they are very helpful.......there is a chap there in Germany who gets mentioned as the contact, I am sure somebody has his details in here somewhere.

Yes I've spoken to him already ,he informed me that it was for the 261bhp,will give it a miss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom