Brabus box w211 Insurance increase ?

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by Cigano, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Cigano

Cigano Banned

Car:
    Guys what sort of insurance should i be paying on my e320 cdi sport now the brabus box is fitted ?
    My wife had it on her own swinton policy ,but when asked what the increase would be if i had the box fitted they said i had to contact their high performance department who have not got back to me :rolleyes:

I am covered under my own traders insurance ,but would like to seek out a single policy for the car alone , anyone out there have the D6 box fitted to the same car and how much did their insurance go up and who are they with etc ?

2. developer

developer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S212 E63 S
    Aviva wanted around 10% extra for mine, however, I know a guy whose quote went from £500 to £1000 due to the chip :eek:.

Postcodes vary wildly though.

3. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    No Brabus box on mine but factory fit Brabus K1s tuning kit. ( SC Pulley, bigger intercooler, etc.) No premium increase they just rate it the same as a standard car also other mods declared and it doesn't seem to make that much difference that with Admiral Multi car

4. Simon_M

Simon_M Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mini & Porsche
    Admiral charged £100 for the first year and nothing beyond that. The had allowable tolerances, I think anything over 25% increase in power was a no-no.

1 person likes this.