Brabus C class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pallasar

Car
W168 A140 Elegance
Morning all....

So over the years I have worked on a few Mercedes models. This one was actually a C class diesel that had had the exterior and interior upgraded to Brabus spec. I couldnt tell it wasnt original :p

The owner was nervous as he had already had the car in his words "detailed twice before" to get it right, but a short while after it had been done, the swirls and marks just came back. I told him it was likely just hand polished with a bunch of filler based products so whilst it may look nice and shiny....they didnt remove any defects from the paint...which isnt paint correction...its more just a good valet job. So we discussed the level of finish he wanted and the job was taken on to fully correct the paintwork and touch up the alloys as they had lost the odd bit of paint on the curb face of the rims. Having only 1 day free at the time, I did the whole car in a single long session. It took around 14 hours all in if I recall correctly.

He was really happy with the finish though and I gave him a cree light to walk round the car and inspect the paint so he could see it had been properly corrected. He was made up with it and finally he had the car he had envisaged :cool:

Here are some pictures I took as I went along....I didnt have time to take loads as I had enough work to do :p

The Q Performance signage you can see in some of the pictures is in no way connected with any work on this car...I just used their unit to work in :thumb:

Before pictures:

After shots

great end result. Looks nice! shame black is the WORST for swirling with the slightest bit of surface contact. What protection have you applied to help this?

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Vince - looking great!

Looks excellent. Where are you based normally?

Thanks for the kind words

To answer questions....regards white cars....(and I've had a few); they have no special needs per say. Paint is paint so it corrects the same. As you'll know though, white, like black and dark blue, shows up dirt really quickly but that's not a problem...just gives you an excuse to wash it more . White when it's clean with super clean silver alloys looks the business IMO

Where I'm based? If a car comes to me I'm in Manchester, but I can and have travelled to do cars Charles on here can vouch for that...Took me a while to recover from that weekend! Two cars back to back

I can certainly vouch for Vince - he did my then 190 2.5 16 in Almandine so it looked fabulous, and my Citroen XM (which given where it started from was a great job) and worked solidly for two days and most of one night to get them done. First class work.

You are welcome to do mine ;) excellent work btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom