Brabus d3-s on Mercedes c220 cdi auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stardelta

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi brabus estate
I am going to fit the brabus d3-s tuning box to my Mercedes c220 cdi sport auto tomorrow, is there anything I need to look out for, do I disconnect battery before fitting and is there a procedure for running it in or is it fit and drive as normal, i do have the fitting instructions, but nothing on setting it up.
Also is there anyone else on here with one fitted that can share fitting and driving experiences and also pit falls

Regards!!

They're pretty easy to fit but your knuckles will take a bit of batter if you're not too careful.

When I fitted the D6 to my V6 CDi, I laid it all out on the floor in front of the car first, then looked at which plugs seemed to go where.

Also do it first thing in the morning when the engine is cold.

Thanks for info, will do it cold like you said, was there any setting up ie driving after it is fitted or just fit and drive normally?

Just fit it and drive.

Can I install without disconnecting battery?

All fitted now and did it without disconnecting battery, no faults thrown up thankfully, as for the driving experience, can't say anything negative at all, really has transformed the car, huge amount of torque, quieter engine and no penalty in fuel consumption if driven sensibly, would highly recommend it to anyone considering a remap as a viable alternative.
I have informed my insurance company and it added a premium of 45 pounds for the remaining 11 months, so not to bad for 50 bhp extra!!
If anyone needs any info on fitting or a copy of the installation instructions let me know as I found next to nothing on the Internet, also have a write up and review of the brabus d3-s fitted to a s204

Hi ,
could you send me a installation instruction for d3 s brabus kit please

Hi...did you receive them?

I am going to fit the brabus d3-s tuning box to my Mercedes c220 cdi sport auto tomorrow, is there anything I need to look out for, do I disconnect battery before fitting and is there a procedure for running it in or is it fit and drive as normal, i do have the fitting instructions, but nothing on setting it up.
Also is there anyone else on here with one fitted that can share fitting and driving experiences and also pit falls

Regards!!
Hi do you still have the fitting instructions for the D3s. As I have a unit with no instructions
Hope u can help

Hi...yes I do have the instructions still, if you give me your email address I will send them to you

Where did you buy the kit from ?

Also looking to get the kit for my w205 c220d

Thanks

Steve

All fitted now and did it without disconnecting battery, no faults thrown up thankfully, as for the driving experience, can't say anything negative at all, really has transformed the car, huge amount of torque, quieter engine and no penalty in fuel consumption if driven sensibly, would highly recommend it to anyone considering a remap as a viable alternative.
I have informed my insurance company and it added a premium of 45 pounds for the remaining 11 months, so not to bad for 50 bhp extra!!
If anyone needs any info on fitting or a copy of the installation instructions let me know as I found next to nothing on the Internet, also have a write up and review of the brabus d3-s fitted to a s204

Hi. Glad to hear you are very statisfied with the Brabus upgrade. Just wanted to check, was your c220 a W204 or a W205 C-Class? I am also thinking of getting a Brabus D3S for my C220d. I wanted to know does the kit change the engine sound at idle? Does the typical diesel clatter remain the same, get louder or quieter. I don’t want the kit to make my car sound more like a tractor after install. You mentioned engine is quieter after install, is that whilst car stationary or whilest driving?
Your answers will be much appreciated !

Hi do you still have the fitting instructions for the D3s. As I have a unit with no instructions
Hope u can help

Did you finally fit the Brabus D3S to your car? If so, after the install what are your impressions ? Does the Brabus kit change the engine noise at idle when the car is stationary or crawling?

Not cheap !! For Brabus D3S with a discount at Mercedes it’s about £2,200 including fitting or £1800 excluding fitting. For Brabus D3 with discount it’s about £1800 including fitting or £1400 excluding fitting. I guess Brabus keeps your MB warranty intact, and it’s fully MB approved. The kit is also safe monitoring various parameters to make sure engine and drive train is not over stretched and mpg & emissions are maintained to MB standards.
I guess if you bought the car new it would be like price difference between C220 and C250.

Wanted to say the above price i got quoted was for a W205 C-Class. It’s likely to be cheaper for W204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom