Brabus D6 III compatibility with E350 CDI 231bhp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeddyRuxpin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2x E350 CDI Sport W212s... for a bit
Hi all,

I've been through pages and pages of threads/discussion about the D6 III box, but they are almost always ML350, CLK320, CLS350 / CLS320, E320, C350, and so on. Very rare to find a second hand one or a thread on here about an E350 W212 231bhp (the 265bhp variant requires D6s I believe) - in fact I've never seen a Brabus D6 that actually says 'W212' or 'E350' on it.

I'm reading random stuff about the box being the same, but the harnesses being different. Yes, I know a remap is better, but I'm just curious about which would fit my car - anyone clued up on which D6 III boxes are compatible with the E350 231bhp engines?

Cheers,

Ed

Yes, I've emailed Markus Paus @ Brabus today, but I'm not expecting a response from one of the premier tuning companies on a question on trying to blag a second hand tuning box on eBay for a 10 year old diesel... he's probably too busy driving around, doing donuts on the autobahn or whatever they do over there! :D

You never know though!

Yes, I've emailed Markus Paus @ Brabus today, but I'm not expecting a response from one of the premier tuning companies on a question on trying to blag a second hand tuning box on eBay for a 10 year old diesel... he's probably too busy driving around, doing donuts on the autobahn or whatever they do over there! :D

You never know though!
Try MBworld and Benzworld.

Did you manage to find out which fits the car?

I'm also looking for one for my 231bhp e350 but they all seem to be for 320 engines on ebay.

I have a Brabus D6 box fitted to my 2012 C350,it was installed from new and I've been trying to get info on just how much it improves the car,I have no idea what BHP gains are expected or torque if any?

How much are these boxes usually?

I have a Brabus D6 box fitted to my 2012 C350,it was installed from new and I've been trying to get info on just how much it improves the car,I have no idea what BHP gains are expected or torque if any?
Assuming your W204 is the 261bhp variant as standard then with the module would give gains of approximately just under 295bhp and 680nm of torque.

Reactions: PAF
Assuming your W204 is the 261bhp variant as standard then with the module would give gains of approximately just under 295bhp and 680nm of torque.
Thank you,I'm more than happy with that 😎

Seriously though I'd leave it as is. Making a few alterations here and there could adversely affect the Brabus performance gains and you could end up taking a step backwards.

Seriously though I'd leave it as is. Making a few alterations here and there could adversely affect the Brabus performance gains and you could end up taking a step backwards.
Yeah I think your right,its sweet as it is,it was already fitted so it's all I've known but I'm more than happy when I get a heavy right foot so it's all good

A Remap and a upgraded inter cooler should yield more especially on the torque side I will let you know once mines been done so far its remapped and DPF gutted getting 295 and just under 700nm new intercooler should help but any further gains and its new Turbo territory and the box may well not cope, out of curiosity has anyone ever fitted a manual box to one of these say out of a sprinter if it would fit? Have never seen a manual

How much are these boxes usually?

They used to be £350-450 on eBay but now I see some for ~£250.

Of course a remap is better, but this means I don't have to travel all the way to MSL/BFT/GAD, and if the car is written off or I have to sell it, I can remove it and recoup the cash back, but still getting a bit of a performance boost.

However this thread probably pushed the prices up £50-100 :D

(I never did get a reply back from the chap at Brabus)

A kind forum member alerted me of one going specifically for my 2009 w212 E350 for really cheap on eBay, so I grabbed it. So I’ll soon find out.

If/when I wanna get a ‘proper’ remap, I can sell it for what I sold it (or more?), but for now it’ll be interesting to see the difference.

I’m not entirely sure but apparently it takes the 231bhp/540nm engine to 272bhp/590nm, which is about the same as a generic remap at a no-name remapper. Not near GAD’s 300bhp/720nm but it was cheap enough for a punt!

since i wrote this its been back to the mapper for a rolling road tune as I had a small flat spot around 1500 rpm which he has now managed to remove and has fine tuned the map now its settled, still to get the intercooler changed and the exhaust will also be upgraded to a full stainless with a little less restrictive silencers, currently makes 295bhp and 702Nm the 702 was arrived at after several runs max 706 and a min of 700 so have averaged it, thats as far as the tune will be going though but it may need optimisation once the other bits are fitted, however a house refurb is currently swallowing all my money so it will need to wait

Got the unit. Unfortunately/predictably some issues:

1) There is a red cable which appears to be chopped off, which has a fuse in line with it (fuse is covered in the black plastic in my hand in attached pic).

Anybody have any idea what this is? Assuming it’s not a ground as it’s red…

2) Can’t see a ground?

3) Instructions on the zen website for the 211 etc don’t match this

4) The main connector is cracked but doesn’t seem to be a huge issue

Main issue is the red cable. Anyone got one of these fitted and able to help?

Yes, I’ve contacted the seller just now too

Cheers,

Ed

Attachments

• 1078C3B9-7148-48B2-B1CC-E850F3DAAF19.jpeg
    1078C3B9-7148-48B2-B1CC-E850F3DAAF19.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 14
  • 85E3DD9F-DFC4-42CD-9A9A-D98378ED3AEC.jpeg
    85E3DD9F-DFC4-42CD-9A9A-D98378ED3AEC.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back