Brabus D6 III compatibility with E350 CDI 231bhp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did before and after 0-60 (just with an android app) and it was 1s faster after I fitted the box. Also seen 15% economy improvement (obviously not that the same time as performance testing).

Thanks - did you notice a clear difference as soon as you added the box or did it take time for the car to 'learn' as Markus @ Brabus claims?

And is the MPG improvement on the trip computer or actually calculated?

London to Cardiff via M4 is a trip I know very well so the next few times I do that I'll be able to take note of the MPG displayed and see if there's any difference

Just on the trip, but as I posted in the other forum, I've almost never seen 40mpg on it, after fitting had 44mpg on a 50 mile motorway run the other day. Normally, same driving, same conditions would be 38mpg indicated.

So, quick run today and I do think the car feels a bit faster and strangely I feel like the car/engine runs a bit more 'smoothly' (somehow). Very quiet, smooth and a bit more refined feeling.

I think the reason it's not a 'night and day' difference and doesn't kick you in the back, is because it's just a ~9% boost in torque (~18% in bhp if you're wondering), but floor it for 2 seconds then look down at the speedometer and you're going... very fast. It's progressive rather than breaking traction at every opportunity. That's actually what I thought I was after.

It can't really compare to the 180nm (+33%) torque increase GAD offer - that's what'll give you the real kick in the back, if that's what you're after :p

I'll update again soon after a longer journey, but this will tide me over while I work on a few other aspects of the car, and until I can afford whatever GAD/MSL charge... it's not cheap! I've already emailed them...

Cheers

Ed

Many years ago, perhaps 2016, I bought a D6 III box for my 2008 C320 CDI.

it arrived with the cables looking a bit rough. I never could get it to work and actually Brabus were good enough to help me troubleshoot. The conclusion was that there was a fault in either the box or the cabling.

I returned for a refund.

If buying these things online I’d recommend you are confident in being able to get a refund. These are 10 year old boxes that have often been fitted and removed by home mechanics after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom