Brabus D6 (III) Compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanMorgan

Car
R129 500SL, W124 300CE Twin Turbo, W210 E55 AMG, W211 E320 CDI Sport
Hey,

Looking at getting a Brabus D6 (III) Box installed into my E320 CDI W211.

The majority of sellers state that they are compatible with all of the OM642 engines. i.e. W204/W219/W211 etc.

An example that I might take a punt on if it is compatible -> Brabus D6 (III) 'Eco-Power X-tra' for Mercedes OM642 3.0 V6 diesel, #204-736-00 | eBay

Could anyone that has experience with these confirm that this is the case?

Thanks

I bought one that came out of an SClass 320CDi and i fitted it to my W164 320CDi Sport and has been working great for 5years.
At the time i emailed BRABUS and they confirmed it is the same box for all 320CDi engines although the SClass has an extra sensor wire that i was to leave disconnected.
I will have a look for the email to show you.

This is there quote from email regarding the extra wire

"The temperature connection does not need to be made, please leave it connected to itself on the harness female to male on the harness. This connection is only for the S-Class!"

Thanks Gordy07,

I am fairly confident they are to be honest!

--

@Gazwould -> They adjusts turbo boost, fuel pressure and injection. I believe the Brabus boxes are more in-depth when compared to standard boxes i.e. connectors for each of the injectors etc.

I know I can go for a remap like I have done with other cars but the way I see it, I can simply unplug this box and sell it on when I am done with the car. As long as I get it cheap enough, these boxes will always hold their value in my opinion.

It's a weird subject as single or multi point the results can be wildly different and disappointing .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I noticed a nice difference when fitted and they are safe.Apparantly they did not void MB warranty when fitted to new vehicles.Expensive to buy new but a great bargain nowadays.
I always get my petrol turbo cars remapped because of individual modifications that are fitted but happy with the plug and play for the jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom