Brabus D6 III - confused about what is compatible - help..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stig2082

Car
CLS 350 Shooting Brake and a cheeky TVR Chimera
OK, so I have a 08 CLS 320cdi and would like to fit a Brabus D6III to it, but would rather not pay full dealership prices which are over £1500. As my car is over 2 years old and has done more than 40k miles, then the warranty offered if they are fitted by a dealer does not apply anyway. I have been previously advised to get second hand one on ebay which is where the confusion starts. The ones available are usually for other variants - CLK, or E Class for instance, but are for the same engine 320cdiV6. Some people advise that the chips are set up specifically for different model series, others say it is fine? I also had this email from Brabus themselves when I asked

"when the article-no 211-736-00 can be found on the module and the article-no. of the harness is 002-736-05,
then the performance-kit is suitable for your CLS320CDI."

So examples like this on ebay are presumably not suitable for my car despite what the seller says? (and he/she is incorrect re the warranty) Brabus Chip D6 (III) for Mercedes 320CDI V6 | eBay

any advice gratefully received!

Mercedes will only honour warranty if they fit it themselves on a car with less than 18,000 miles on the clock.....so yes he is talking ********.

Not sure about whether it will work on your car.

If its not for your model, send it off to Brabus who will reprogramme it to your car.

When mine was replaced under warranty, MB Birmingham fitted a W219 (CLS) box.

Brabus said it wasn't the correct one and offered to reprogramme it for free to suit my W211.

The dealer removed it and sent it to Brabus, who modified it and sent it back, where the dealer re-fitted it FOC.

Are they different - it's the same engine/box so who knows? :dk:

I'd have a bigger problem - that of buying one off ebay - there are some dodgy geezers out there.

Just to confuse further - the one on my car that was sent back was 219-736-000 (219 being CLS)

211-736-000 is for a W211 (E Class).

Last edited:
Thanks for advice. It seems that I need to ascertain whether Brabus would undertake reprogramming a non CLS unit, and whether there was a cost invloved. Or of course fork out £1500 from a dealer or wait for correct type to pop up in ebay.

cheers

I thought the units were the same an the model specific designation was for the wiring loom and mounting bracket.

S

DSC_0238.jpg

I spoke to the guy at Brabus and he said they are all the same, just slightly different lengths of loom.

But the loom is very simple so extended a wire would be dead easy if necessary.

They did however say that sometimes dealers fit the later 350 modules to 320 engines etc. and then they don't run right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom