Brabus D6 III, How Long Did Yours Take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here was me going to suggest that the wee box needs a proper ripping in manual mode to teach it a lesson ........

I have some 19" Brabus in the wind....;)

Good news. I've decided the original 17's will do me for now, especially as the 211 is the workhorse.

One other thing I think is worth mentioning, there is a 90,000 mile difference between our cars and when we did the *tests* our cars were exactly the same (without slow motion replays)

Which goes to show how good these engines really are.

I was expecting John to win because the age & mileage of mine must mean that I've lost a few bhp along the way, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

What do you think the figures are 0-60 etc with the Brabus box.

I know mine did VERY well from 40mph to a tad higher (cough) with a Scirroco R behind me. When I thought that's quick enough and backed off it went past.

Twin exhausts each side I even had to look it up when home and that has 250bhp.

Think he would have been quite suprised a diesal bus was pulling away... :)

What do you think the figures are 0-60 etc with the Brabus box

As soon as this rain dries up, I'm going to find out.

All on private land of course, my friend has a farm with a very long, tarmaced entrance. ;)

:)

I counted mine in my head, 1000, 2000, 3000, etc and I reckon just over 7 seconds? would that seem about right.

Its the gearbox on mine that I think lets it down, it wants to just go but its almost held back between changes....

The in gear overtaking is where its best though.

:)

I counted mine in my head, 1000, 2000, 3000, etc and I reckon just over 7 seconds? would that seem about right.

Its the gearbox on mine that I think lets it down, it wants to just go but its almost held back between changes....

The in gear overtaking is where its best though.

In my old IL6 E320 I achieved 7 seconds without any modifications, so I would expect yours to be quicker than that.

As soon as this rain dries up, I'm going to find out.

All on private land of course, my friend has a farm with a very long, tarmaced entrance. ;)

Good idea - now we know they are so evenly matched, you can do the 0-60mph and I can tell what my time is from the comfort of my armchair :thumb:.

Good idea - now we know they are so evenly matched, you can do the 0-60mph and I can tell what my time is from the comfort of my armchair :thumb:.

We've done a few runs today at my friends farm and the results are;
1st run- 6.9
2nd- 6.8
3rd- 7.1
4th- 6.8
5th- 6.9

All tests were done with the car warmed up nicely.
The one thing to note is that it took the gearbox maybe 0.1/0.2 to kick in, so the times may actually be quicker if you were to start from when the wheels start moving.

We've done a few runs today at my friends farm and the results are;
1st run- 6.9
2nd- 6.8
3rd- 7.1
4th- 6.8
5th- 6.9

All tests were done with the car warmed up nicely.
The one thing to note is that it took the gearbox maybe 0.1/0.2 to kick in, so the times may actually be quicker if you were to start from when the wheels start moving.

I'd be happy with that Lee - I looked at the Brabus factsheet and they quote 6.5 for a C320CDI, which is both lighter and a saloon.

In all official MB performance figures I've seen, the estates run a bit slower than their saloon counterparts.

I've just told a guy on the other side about how our cars were matched, with you only spending a relatively small amount to get your D6 box.

Happy days :thumb:.

So mind will be a tad slower being a IL6 and 5speed?

So mind will be a tad slower being a IL6 and 5speed?
It might be quicker because if my memory serves me correct, the 5 speed gearbox hasn't got that minuscule delay that the 7speed has.

I'd be happy with that Lee - I looked at the Brabus factsheet and they quote 6.5 for a C320CDI, which is both lighter and a saloon.

In all official MB performance figures I've seen, the estates run a bit slower than their saloon counterparts.
I'm going to try again tomorrow, but this time using the SBC hold.

See if it makes a difference.

I'm going to try again tomorrow, but this time using the SBC hold.

See if it makes a difference.

How will you do that - if it's in D and on "hold", as soon as you touch the accelerator the hold will cancel?
You could hold it on the brake pedal yourself and rev is around 2000rpm then let go :rock:.

I'd just get a copy of Autocar and see how many large, handsome, prestige estates do 0-60 in 6.8 seconds while returning over 40mph on a run - it's already unique :cool:.

The 5sp box seems to launch quite hard off of "Hold" - it's been quite entertaining.

How will you do that - if it's in D and on "hold", as soon as you touch the accelerator the hold will cancel?
You could hold it on the brake pedal yourself and rev is around 2000rpm then let go :rock:.

I'll try a few different ways I think, John.

I've just had a thought- if I turn the traction control off, would this make it a bit quicker do we think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom