Brabus D6 mounting point

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gibee

Car
E350
Hi Guys,

Just fitted a D6 box I got off ebay (really umber chuffed with it), the instructions say to route the cable through bulkhead and mount the box behind the dashboard... as I want it to be a easier to remove I've mounted it on top of the fuse box. It does get very hot do you guys reckon it will ok there or should I do it properly and route it through?

Cheers
Gi

Mine is under the pollen filter in the engine bay, right hand side, as fitted by the main dealer at PDI.

Access is really easy.

I'll see if I've got a photo tucked away somewhere.

Is yours a D6S, adjustable from the interior - mine isn't.

Mine's a D6S which is mounted in the interior - not behind dash, but behind the trim at the base of the A pillar in the RHS footwell - as per instructions. Adustable? In what way? Mine is just a small blank box iirc. - to adjust you'd have to plug into a pc or similar.

No doubt they specified to fit here due to temperature stability - never a good idea to inflict a lot of thermal variation stress on chips (which you will get if you fit in the engine compartment).

I thought there were three modes to a D6S :dk:.

"The CLS 350 CDI V-6 turbodiesel benefits from the Brabus ECO PowerXtra DS6 plug-and-play auxiliary unit that can be installed in 45 minutes and features a number of operating modes via the seven-speed 7G-Tronic Plus automatic transmission. In Eco mode, only peak torque is increased and rises to 509 lb-ft. of torque from 1,600 to 2,400 RPM. In Sport or Manual mode, both power and torque rises to 308 horsepower at 3,600 RPM and 509 lb-ft. from 1,600 to 2,400 RPM, allowing the five-door coupe to accelerate to 62 mph 5.9 seconds and an electronically-limited top speed of 155 mph."

It seems from this that the modes are transmission driven.

Last edited:
Yes - it is auto-linked to the Econ/Sport/Manual setting - to get round the emissions issues - presumably still qualifies in Economy mode.

Wish it was the D6S as it would be connected to a better engine :)

It's the D6(III) on a 231bhp 350 CDI. I like the sound of under the pollen filter, I'm guessing this model might have some space there too. Is it a colder place?

I need it to be fairly easy to remove as, though the insurance know about it, merc warranty and servicing don't.... though makes me wonder if they record it on a db like factory options...

Only other niggle is I feel the cable to the 4th injector is a little tight. It puts the oem cable hard up against a fuel pipe, hoping the vibration won't damage it. I tried, albeit not for long, to see if there was a better way but couldn't figure it.

Loving the power gains, plus the reduction in diesel noise :)

This is mine under the pollen filter.

Plenty of room and away from the body of the engine:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom