Brabus D6 on 2012 CLS 350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

myromeo

Car
2012 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport
Hi all,

New to MB ownership and first post so be kind :)

move recently bought a 2012 CLS 350 CDI AMG Sport and would like to add a Brabus D6 box to improve performance in a reversible way.
I’ve been offered a D6 from a 2010 CLS 350 Grand Edition but need to know if this is compatible with the 2012 350 (265hp) engine?

Can anyone advise?

thanks,
MR

I believe the standard W219 diesel had 224hp , this was upped to 272 with the Brabus box , as the standard HP values are different then i doubt if it would be compatible.

K

Good choice of car ;) I think it is a D6S that you need, but am not 100%.

Ah man that is a shame! Guess it’s going to be a GAD North remap then!

Ah man that is a shame! Guess it’s going to be a GAD North remap then!

I have used John @BFT before and was very pleased with the service. He did a custom map following a dyno, to see what it was actually running, loading the map, and then back on the dyno for the results.

It is the same engine as yours, albeit in our ML. He is only down the road from you too ;)

BTW, he writes all the custom maps for MSL :)

Thanks Abb, fortunately for me GAD are only a few miles away for me so real easy to get to! The D6 box would have been half the price but if it’s no good then it’s no good

Fair play to you. I have no experience of GAD, but I have read good reviews about their work. Reason I went with BFT/MSL was they write maps for your car and not upload a generic map for that model/engine, aswell as the before and after dyno runs.

Out of interest, where is GAD based in Newcastle?

How are you enjoying the CLS? Pics, mods, spec are always welcome ;)

Hey Abb, they’re just east of Newcastle off the A19, I’ve never used them either but also read good things. Claiming +50hp and +130Nm gains, that’s quite impressive. I’d spoke to Celtic tuning too but they’re only around +35/+80

as for my car, completely stock CLS 350 with AMG Performance pack.

Attachments

• D3F30596-DD5F-4C0F-8329-E1204F4E9599.jpeg
    D3F30596-DD5F-4C0F-8329-E1204F4E9599.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 14
RaceChip have great reviews if you want upgrade to be easily reversible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said D6S power module required hence D6 is not compatiable.

GAD are good and usually give 750nm of torque and around 330bhp from their tuning on the OM 642 engine.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve read into the race chip and I’m not convinced, it appears to only intercept the fuel rail signal? I appreciate you can gain power that way but it’s by no means the safest.

330/750 would be insane and is more than what they’re quoting me. I think I’ll go with the GAD remap.

Just to keep this thread alive, I’ve spoken with GAD who are quoting +50hp and +130Nm!!

D6S box quotes +48hp and +70Nm

obviously a huge difference in torque gains there so gut is saying go with the remap but part of me likes the MB approved route and the option to remove and resell at a later date hence minimising long term cost there’s a couple of D6S boxes on the bay for comparable prices to the remap option. Any thoughts anyone?

Please bare in mind that the 330bhp some people quote is probably for the stock 265 engine, not the 227 or 231bhp OM642

From a bit of reading around, you won't break 300bhp with the 227 or 231 (my engine) with a stage 1 remap

I can see some on ebay, but £400-500 seems like a lot to spend on a plug and play box, even if it does say 'Brabus' on it.

Do you still get your car serviced at MB (I do)? I wonder if they really would be okay with it having a Brabus box in it, vs a remap (they probably wouldn't know?)?

Teddy, mine is the 265 stock :)

haven’t had the car long enough to have to service it but will probably use local Bosch service centre as they’re great.

think it’ll be a remap, unless a D6S popped up significantly cheaper in the mean time

Ah, sorry, didn't read the thread correctly, too many tabs about remapping open!

Please post your results when you get them :)

As much as those figures do seem very impressive gains, I would tread carefully. They are generic as they have to cover the range of engines (265 variants) but do not take into account the condition of the engine, so what may be good for one engine may not suit another, despite it being the same map.

To air on the side of caution and to minimise any issues associated with a remap, mine was put on a RR and found to be 277bhp oppose to 265bhp and the map was adjusted specifically for my engine with the end result being 303bhp. Yes this was less of a gain that I was expecting (circa +25bhp and 40nNm) but was pleased knowing it was engine specific. This was on my ML btw but the same lump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom