Brabus Gives Mercedes-AMG C63 S 600PS And 800Nm For Frankfurt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very nice!
No price mentioned but knowing Brabus it will be a big hike on the standard AMG version.

Best looking AMG C63 I've seen yet. (Except for the Brabus B on the grille)

Got to be atleast 3k for the power hike. And ill bet it's a map opposed to a bolt on box.

Steve

I'll take the power kit and leave the rest at the door. I would say at least 10k for the powerkit, the old one for the 6.2 NA was around 5k and took the power up to around 501bhp so not great value per bhp.

It is probably just a piggy-back box, engine cover (optional) and warranty.

S

On the positive side, there's no mention of any change to other components (engine/transmission) that may suffer under the 90hp increase, so it's good news for the general tuning community out there.

Some say you shouldn't have this tune or that tune because it may cause failure elsewhere, but Brabus has a level of endorsement from MB, so 90hp should have reliability built in.

I agree about the hideous B badge though :crazy:

I had the (£4k!) Brabus power kit on my C63 PPP back in 2010 - it was useless and developed barely a few bhp extra (I had the car dyno'd independently before and after).

To be fair, Brabus were very reasonable and refunded me after I made them aware. They suggested that because I had the (new at the time) Performance Pack Plus version, the car already had the extra power from the factory.

some good options for the m177 and 178. the Brabus kit will be 10k but there are other options. Watch this space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom