Brabus Kent - (Medway Autos)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bunchy100

Just wanted to post how helpful Medway Autos in Kent have been.

My engine Management light came on whilst in Kent and I wanted it checked out before I returned back home, so I searched the net for the nearest Kent dealer and rang them up. They told me to drive straight there and they would look at it immediately, which they did.

They reset all the fault codes explained the situation and advised me how to proceed and who to contact when I got home. I thought it would be nice for others in this area to know how good they are and how they appeared to be genuinely concerned, re-arranging there schedule around me and just providing a good customer service.

I can second that, they were absolutely brilliant to me when I went in - they are not a large dealership any more, they only have a few MB cars but they still have the MB service bit tagged on the back of their Vauxhaul/Fiat/Saab showroom.

I couldn't fault these guys, I had to go in to get my turbo pipe replaced after blowing it when I floored the car up a hill after about 3 days of ownership :eek: their customer service was second to none!

They are old skool Merc and the head mechanic's dad worked in MB garages before him (he had even signed some of the stamps in my service book). Shame these kind of people don't seem to be part of the main dealer network anymore.

Bet they have a laugh with all those Fiat/Alfas!

Mechanical side gets a thumbs up from me too.
Dan is very helpful.

The bodyshop though is another matter.
A county court summonds will soon be arriving on their doorstep.;)

Oh really? Why's that? have they screwed up your bodywork?

Oh really? Why's that? have they screwed up your bodywork?

They did some warranty paintwork (resprayed whole car) a couple of years ago.
I was not happy with it, so they did it again.

After 1 year, the rust came back, so I complained and even though I ring them, they never return my calls and keep saying they will chase it up.

This has taken over 1 year since I started complaining, so court is the only option left now I think.
I have taken the car to another MB dealer and had a quote done to do the job properly. This is the amount I will claim from them, plus 1yrs depreciation.

That's awful! :eek: Hope you do manage to get it sorted out!! Thankfully the servicing team seem to have little to d with the bodywork people - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I never have to us that department! I had heard one other report that they were useless!

Another snag here can be being able to prove that it was their fault that the rust came back, also having the car resprayed again, you would have to wait 12 months to see if the rust still returned, to do a sun roof it should be removed from the car. The cost of removing it would be very high.

The only get out that I can see is, should a firm undertake take to do a job if they know that a good job cannot be done without removing certain parts in the process.

It also depends on what was said at the time, when they under took to do the job.

Sorry to hear this Graeme, did they do the work themselves or contract it out? If it was the latter you may wish to claim liability against both so you don't get to some point down the line and have someone say "it wasn't my shoddy workmanship it was theirs!"

Sorry to hear this Graeme, did they do the work themselves or contract it out? If it was the latter you may wish to claim liability against both so you don't get to some point down the line and have someone say "it wasn't my shoddy workmanship it was theirs!"

They did it themselves.
I rang them again on Tuesday and the top man promissed to ring me back yesterday.
Guess what?:rolleyes:

Just a small point, but phone calls are easier lost and less traceable than other methods of communication with situations like this.

Maybe worth a letter or two? What about a personal visit?

Will

I'd be tempted to go down the Small Claims Court route in this instance, it's a lot easier than I thought it was when I looked into it for a friend, and if they get a formal letter in their in-box - they are more unlikely to ignore it!

Been more times than I can remember.
I'll make 1 last visit today.
Happy to help with any legal stuff if the last visit doesn't help (would offer to go with you only Amsterdam is further away than Faversham!) Should also warn you my brain is frazzled now I have to deal with Dutch Law...Italian Law...blah...blah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom