Brabus multi-piece Monoblock II refurbed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talbir

MB Enthusiast
These are the wheels i got from ebay a few months back.

With the arrival of the Spruce Green 500E that these wheels will be gracing, i made time to refurn the wheels. Condition was generally good but not mint...the car is so that forced a refurb !

Outer dishes repolished, centres color-coded MB 249 (same colour as car) and the Ronal fasteners gold-plated. The dark green and gold combo i felt would be a good one to go with and set the car apart.

Pics below of the results.....interesting structure to the wheels....the outer and inner dish sit together with the centre piece falling into place from top....never seen this set-up before on any of the BBS or OZs i have refurbed. Sealant is yet to be done.

Of course these wheels are not to alot of people's liking, but once again, i'm relating the car back to the original tuner's take....one of the Brabus 6.5 litre 500E's that featured in a road-test back in the day wore these same wheels, color coded in black to the car.

I have the Brabus springs, exhaust, Recaros, steering to fit to the car...as well as facelifting it as i'd like to keep my black 500e pre-facelift aggresive with it's 'belt-and-buckle' front end....this green 500e will be the facelift version.

T

Attachments

• 100_1829.jpg
    100_1829.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_1831.jpg
    100_1831.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_1832.jpg
    100_1832.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 213

Attachments

• 100_1842.jpg
    100_1842.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_1838.jpg
    100_1838.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_1835.jpg
    100_1835.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 210

Attachments

• 100_1846.jpg
    100_1846.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_1847.jpg
    100_1847.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 100_1850.jpg
    100_1850.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 208
They look better in green than I thought they would. It will be interesting to see them on the car.

They look better in green than I thought they would. It will be interesting to see them on the car.

Cheers, they surprised me as well, came out a treat...of course how they look on the car will be the test. But with the car sitting aggresively low, and the wheel sizes (8J fronts, 10J rears) optimizing the 500E's arches, i'm hopeful they'll look just as good.

talbir

Nice wheels, I am pretty sure the car will look great. What colour are the calipers going to be as they could spoil the look.

I think I remember seeing them on a SL from stratstone around the same era? in Wilmsow.

They looed great on that, like a merc badge in the shape of the wheel very reto for the car. They should look great.

Not sure if Stratton did Brabus goodies, they were AMG dealers AFAIK.

cheers
t

Looking forward to seeing them on the car!

Great refurb , not my cup of tea. Would like to see them on the car though.

Sorry for drooling over another set of your wheels, but OMG, they look stunning.

yep....they were making wheels for AMG even earlier...here's a pic of the spoke on these wheels with the Ronal stamp.

t

Its funny, cuz when i bought my brabus ones and i saw the Ronal stamp i went crazy because i thought they weren't real :).

Most companies like Brabus, AMG etc design the wheels and then outsource the manufacture. They majority of the wheels that I do are either BBS or Ronal - regardless of the car they are from - Maserati, Porsche, BMW, Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley, Mercedes etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom