brabus raise the game again...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll take one. Mine with standard bodywork, and silver wheels instead of those anthracite jobbies please.

Electronically limited to 220mph!! :crazy:

indeed a crazy answer to an unasked question!!!

what i want to know is what AMG are going to do to step the game up :crazy:

John - are you sure you couldnt live with the looks?with that much torque?

SportsCoupeRich said:
John - are you sure you couldnt live with the looks?with that much torque?

:D :D I can put my hand on my heart and say that if I HAD to have either a CL65AMG or that CLS65 yukkie thing I would go for the CL :eek:

I got so much stick from members of this forum when we first saw the pictures of the CLS I thought I must be weird for not liking it, but having seen the car in the flesh, it is simply not for me. I totally accept that lots of folks like it, but the buyers are all noticeable by their absence :) Buying a car solely for performance has never been my way of buying, but the torque of the CLS is truly amazing.

I have heard and watched Maff's video of his new car, but how does it sound compared to his 'old' 55AMG? The power of the V12 is certainly AWESOME, but in truth it would not be used that often, whereas I could listen to the rumble of the V8 all day.

As you know I am no longer in the position to actually drive a car, but I was so tempted to buy wife the 55AMG E-class, but she that must be obeyed simply did not want it :( and I can see her point :) so all I can do is dream.

Take care,
John

glojo said:
I have heard and watched Maff's video of his new car, but how does it sound compared to his 'old' 55AMG? The power of the V12 is certainly AWESOME, but in truth it would not be used that often, whereas I could listen to the rumble of the V8 all day.

Hmmm... don't know - the exhaust note on that V12 is very distinctive ( evil !! :devil: ) ... you could probably make the 55 sound like that too with a bit of tweaking though ;)

Must admit from the inside the '55 exhaust does sound better than the V12 ones, but this is due to much more insulation on the '65 cars and the muffling of the turbo's.

Outside the V12 sounds nice, much more classy sound, but I do miss the CL55 note, made you want to wring it's neck every time I drove it :(

i loved the sound of the sl55...especially when i used to drive it to Malaga airport along the mountain roads...several long tunnels with no traffic (the Spanish dont use the toll roads at all, most odd) to boot it too. Inside the tunnel the 'hammering' sound was amazing, esp with roof down. Better than the 997 S cabriolet that got tunneled on my last visit. The cls500 is pretty impressive too....makes me laugh when the c200 gets a ride through the dartford tunnel :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom