Brabus w124 6.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What an awesome piece of kit...

2,000,000.00 RUB

=

47,278.22 GBP

I remember having some photos of a vehicle very similar to this (possibly the same one). It was a standard E500 which was sent to Brabus for the engine and interior modifications. I'm pretty sure the suspension and brakes were also modified. Only 22,000km...wonder if thats from new or since the Brabus modifications?

I love the 4 rear exhausts, leary interior, 18" Brabus rims and of course the 6.5L V8 powerplant!

I think this car was highlighted in the 6.0 AMG Hammer thread (the one available in America), but thank you for the translation page :)

Mind you, I like a couple of the literal translations:
Which "hand drive" has become "Rudder" LOL :D

That is an awesome piece of kit though. I remember when it was on mobile.de a couple of years ago, along with a black-on-black 6.0 Brabus E500.

Both of these cars weren't converted until alot in life, IIRC.

Darren

Lovely car, but only 450bhp is very dissapointing.....that's 75bhp less than my 6.3 Renntech M119 engine !

And my engine cost under ten grand !

talbir

Lovely car, but only 450bhp is very dissapointing.....that's 75bhp less than my 6.3 Renntech M119 engine !

And my engine cost under ten grand !

talbir

You say that, however the AMG 60 engine was about 400-410. The Brabus 6.0 was circa 408bhp in the E500, IIRC.
The W210 E420 based 6.5 (ie. same engine) was rated at 450bhp.

I guess they could have given it more power, but maybe there are factors for this power ratign: long term reliability, useability, cost or simply the marketing forces.
Or Brabus may even be conservative with their power rating - much like AMG with the "60" engine :confused:

Just throwing some thoughts into the mix ;)

Darren

I guess they could have given it more power, but maybe there are factors for this power ratign: long term reliability, useability, cost or simply the marketing forces.
Darren

The power of an engine is made in the heads - that's where the bulk of work needs to be done to extract alot of horsepower. Headwork is costly though, but given the cost of the Brabus conversion, it's work one would expect.

The reliability/longevity issue is paramount on big bore engines, which is why we have sleeved the cylinders on my Renntech block. AFAIK, neither AMG, Brabus or Renntech sleeved their bir bore blocks and i can say from experience that there really is not much cylinder lining left when bored out to 102mm...

But given we have extracted 525 from a 6.3 (and this without high-lift camshafts), 450 from 6.5 with high-lift cams is dissapointing...especially if someone's gonna cough up £48k !

There is one Brabus component in my 6.3 m119....the crankshaft !

cheers
talbir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom