Bradford crash.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kianok

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E220 AMG line premium plus coupe
Not sure if this clip is a bit strong, sad but so lucky nobody else was involved,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I drive in Bradford on a regular basis and it’s like another world.

Best way, trust me!

you are not the only person who has said that :D

Some members have set their satnav to reroute around it :p

you are not the only person who has said that :D

Some members have set their satnav to reroute around it :p
I’ve heard the new MB nav updates automatically avoid Bradford:)

Conquered territory by any chance...?

Anyway it's the Councils fault for allowing the unsafe trees to be there? They should heave learned from the Mulsanne straight approach!

Reports said 05:30 in the morning , car zooming around (allegedly) with young 4 blokes in it. In my opinion the police have every right to stop and ask the driver his business.

If, on the other hand a car with 4 young blokes in it on their way to their 06:00 shift at the local factory , no problem.

Let's wait and see which one of the two of the above this turns out to be.

Well as we now know the car crashed and all four of the people in it are dead,the video shows the car doing a vast speed on the wrong side of the road,then veering across to the right side of the road and smashing into a tree,the unmarked police car was way behind it when the accident happened,thankfully no other pedestrian or car was involved.

Large tree vs stupidly high-speed car rarely ends well. I bet the driver was really good on Grand Theft Auto too... Sad waste of four lives, luckily not more than that. It would be great if young drivers would learn from incidents like this, but unfortunately this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened and it won't be the last.

Around here they like to try and blame the Police for "chasing" them, and to a certain extent once the chase becomes dangerous it can be a very good idea to have the chase called off. Police Control are very close, second by second close, to chases now for this very reason and the officers in the patrol car will take instruction from control as to whether they abandon or not.

Sadly, a young driver driving at speed a car he does not yet know well, is a recipe for disaster. Running away from the police didn't help of course.

The potential issue with police issuing an instruction to their drivers not to chase cars who drive dangerously is that criminals will vert quickly work out that the way to shake off a police tail is by driving as dangerously as possible.

I.e. in the same way that every budding mugger in London now steals a moped to be used for getaways because police are not allowed to chase them.

(...because drug dealer Henry Hicks died on a stolen moped in Islington while being followed by an unmarked police car in 2014)

Yes they do, then they don't have to drive like only Allah will save them for very long at all, then you and I get to live MJ and then the Police go tap, tap, tapperty tap on their door, or their bosses door, or Social Welfare's door and deal with them that way. Works really well, everybody lives.

The footage is interesting in that I presume this is from a CCTV camera, the viewpoint isn't shown as static and also a cut before the police car appears continuous footage would have been more informative, but agree the driving was reckless in the extreme, fortunate that no one was approaching the lights on that side of the road.

Conquered territory by any chance...?

Anyway it's the Councils fault for allowing the unsafe trees to be there? They should heave learned from the Mulsanne straight approach!
WDB .Better a tree than another passing car .

The potential issue with police issuing an instruction to their drivers not to chase cars who drive dangerously is that criminals will vert quickly work out that the way to shake off a police tail is by driving as dangerously as possible.

I.e. in the same way that every budding mugger in London now steals a moped to be used for getaways because police are not allowed to chase them.

(...because drug dealer Henry Hicks died on a stolen moped in Islington while being followed by an unmarked police car in 2014)

The police can chase criminals on mopeds and motorcycles but pursuits are often called off due to the risks involved.

A favourite tactic is to remove crash helmets as this increases the level of risk and means that a chase will usually be abandoned. However, this is not always the case and the two muggers who were jailed a couple of months ago for a robbery spree in which several people were stabbed and one was murdered were caught when police were given authority to continue the pursuit due to the gravity of the offences involved even though one of them was apparently waving his helmet in the air during the chase:

PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

The police can chase criminals on mopeds and motorcycles but pursuits are often called off due to the risks involved.

A favourite tactic is to remove crash helmets as this increases the level of risk and means that a chase will usually be abandoned. However, this is not always the case and the two muggers who were jailed a couple of months ago for a robbery spree in which several people were stabbed and one was murdered were caught when police were given authority to continue the pursuit due to the gravity of the offences involved even though one of them was apparently waving his helmet in the air during the chase:

Personally I have no problem with a violent mugger sustaining a serious head injury as a result of trying to evade arrest.

A favourite tactic is to remove crash helmets as this increases the level of risk and means that a chase will usually be abandoned. However, this is not always the case and the two muggers who were jailed a couple of months ago for a robbery spree in which several people were stabbed and one was murdered were caught when police were given authority to continue the pursuit due to the gravity of the offences involved.

In the UK, yes, but specifically in London the situation is different due to the Henry Hicks case.

The officers involved in the Henry Hicks case faced disciplinary action as result of the coroner's inquest, although they were eventually cleared.

The 'no chase' policy was in place out of concern for the officers, not the moped riders.

This policy has never been officially confirmed, but read between the lines:

Met chief denies 'no pursuit' policy

'Met Police Commissioner Cressida **** has denied her force has a "no pursuit" policy when tackling moped thieves.

But she said officers who chased suspects needed greater legal protection in the event of a crash.

....she said officers felt they should be able to pursue someone without "fear of prosecution". '

And later this:

Police cleared over moped crash death

'Four Met officers have been cleared of gross misconduct over an 18-year-old man who died in a moped crash.
Following Mr Hicks' death the Met carried out a review of its pursuit policy....'

(Incidentally, it has been reported that Henry Hicks was riding a stolen 300cc moped at the time, to which he transfered the VIN from his legally-owned 50cc moped, as he didn't have a license to ride the bigger bike)

The situation de-facto is that police in London will not engage with suspects escaping on 2-wheels.

I have recently witnessed near my home a scooter being stopped by an unmarked police car, the rider just went on the pavement and took off at great speed (there were no pedestrians at the time). The police at the scene made no further effort to stop him (though they may have radiod ahead obviously).

This is of concern to me... my daughter and a work colleague were targeted by moped muggers near our house, and my wife feels unsafe taking the dog out after dark.

The issues involved in police chase are:

The safety of the general public - suspects escaping police have been known to run over pedestrians or crash into other cars.

The safety of the chasing police officers - no one wants to die in the line of duty.

The safety of the suspects - police have duty of care towards them as well.

And, in London, police officers want clear procedures in place and protection in law in case someone does get hurt as result of a chase.

I see, here they get straight on to Police Control who Control the whole affair, and from what I have read and understand they do do a pretty good job too.
There are many options for bringing these people under control from an individual pursuit to a team approach - even using air support and so on. It relies on the Control center having somebody very well trained to take charge immediately. It seems to work quite well, not many seem to get away permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom