Bradford crash.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im sure they were all aspiring Doctors, Engineers and Footballers
Ah yes, I see where you are coming from now...if they had been then that would have been sad but, in your little world, they probably were not so...

“Driver Murza Chaudhry, 21, was born in Bradford, and died at 5.51am on August 2. He was identified through fingerprint retrieval.

Arbaaz Hussain, also 21 and born in Bradford, died at 5.55am and was also identified through fingerprint retrieval”

Pretty sure the police don’t have my fingerprints on record.
They do have mine - not because of any criminality on my part , but because my work involves attending crime scenes and they have been taken for elimination purposes.
Mind you , I’d expect a rollicking if I failed to wear gloves and left my prints at a scene .

So, again, advocating the death penalty...summarily.
I suspect you're misinterpreting the meaning of the words "disposed of" in the sentence "if they were disposed of properly the first time".

My guess is that the person posting was using the terminology in the legal sense of how the case or proceeding (for their first offence) was completed, rather than that they should be "physically disposed of" by way of death!

Or I could be wrong :eek:

My natural inclination is to respond to this sort of thing on, say, Police Interceptors: " Lowlife scum, good riddance, deserve all they get, sympathy for their families but not for them", but this particular incident has given me cause for thought (unusual for me...).

I suspect that if these young men had had significant criminal histories, we would have known about it by now, and the same if they had been brilliant students destined for stellar careers. I think they were just ordinary young men, never going to set the world alight; like most of us, really, if we're honest.

Yes, the car was going much too fast, but they were probably typical young men, awash with testosterone and stupidity, and they died more because of foolish exuberance and an overconfident driver than deliberate criminal behaviour. Did they deserve to die for it? I don't think so for one moment. We've all done silly things in cars in our youth, but we got away with them; that's the only real difference between us and them.

Well, you could dispose of them like the Australians dispose of their criminals now a days - send them to NZL!

Well, you could dispose of them like the Australians dispose of their criminals now a days - send them to NZL!
We used to send them to Australia, but I guess it must be full up by now...

Actually, before Australia we used to transport them to America, and look how that worked out...

My natural inclination is to respond to this sort of thing on, say, Police Interceptors: " Lowlife scum, good riddance, deserve all they get, sympathy for their families but not for them", but this particular incident has given me cause for thought (unusual for me...).

I suspect that if these young men had had significant criminal histories, we would have known about it by now, and the same if they had been brilliant students destined for stellar careers. I think they were just ordinary young men, never going to set the world alight; like most of us, really, if we're honest.

Yes, the car was going much too fast, but they were probably typical young men, awash with testosterone and stupidity, and they died more because of foolish exuberance and an overconfident driver than deliberate criminal behaviour. Did they deserve to die for it? I don't think so for one moment. We've all done silly things in cars in our youth, but we got away with them; that's the only real difference between us and them.
Spot on , and hear hear .

There but for the grace of god ... well , not quite , as I was never quite that daft in cars .

. We've all done silly things in cars in our youth, but we got away with them; that's the only real difference between us and them.
Agreed - I suppose I should be grateful that the extent of my silliness was limited by driving Triumph Herald estates 850 Minis and their ilk. Severely restricted the possible silliness.

Agreed.

I actually believe that the heartless comments from some on this thread is merely posturing for effect, I don't believe for one moment that they actually feel the way that they have posted.

...We've all done silly things in cars in our youth, but we got away with them; that's the only real difference between us and them.

That about sums it up.

Reactions: 219
On the face of it , they were four bad lads up to no good .On the other hand they could be four good lads fleeing from a group of very bad lads. The only certain fact is that none of us can be certain of the facts. Too easy to be judgemental when you only know part of the story. Turn the clock back 45 years and I can remember fleeing the law as I didn`t want to get stopped for drink driving . Am I a bad person? Think I would rather be judged by a court than this forum.

On the face of it , they were four bad lads up to no good .On the other hand they could be four good lads fleeing from a group of very bad lads. The only certain fact is that none of us can be certain of the facts. Too easy to be judgemental when you only know part of the story. Turn the clock back 45 years and I can remember fleeing the law as I didn`t want to get stopped for drink driving . Am I a bad person? Think I would rather be judged by a court than this forum.
On here, the black cap would be on in no time mate!

Your fingerprints and a DNA sample will be taken if you have been arrested even though you may never been charged, let alone convicted, of any offence.

When did this take effect??

Turn the clock back 45 years and I can remember fleeing the law as I didn`t want to get stopped for drink driving . Am I a bad person?

Well you attempted to evade law enforcement officers whilst driving a motor vehicle when under the influence of alcohol. That’s certainly not a good thing is it?

When did this take effect??
In 2003 according to Wiki:

"Though initially only samples from convicted criminals, or people awaiting trial, were recorded, the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001 changed this to allow DNA to be retained from people charged with an offence, even if they were subsequently acquitted. The Criminal Justice Act 2003 later allowed DNA to be taken on arrest, rather than on charge. Between 2004 when this law came into force and 2012, anyone arrested in England and Wales on suspicion of involvement in any recordable offence (all except the most minor offences) had their DNA sample taken and stored in the database, whether or not they are subsequently charged or convicted. In 2005-06 45,000 crimes were matched against records on the DNA Database; including 422 homicides (murders and manslaughters) and 645 rapes.[7] However, not all these matches would have led to criminal convictions and some would be matches with innocent people who were at the crime scene. Critics argued that the decision to keep large numbers of innocent people on the database did not appear to have increased the likelihood of solving a crime using DNA.[8] Since the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 in 2012, those not charged or not found guilty must have their DNA data deleted within a specified period of time".

Last edited:
Reactions: Abb
As often the case, the thread descends into members views being slagged off - posturing or not it's unlikely that anyone's stance will be altered by posts on a car forum is it?
Back on topic - I know Toller Lane very well - well known night time race track for years with several crashes of this type. If you're going to overtake a marked Police car (baiting?) at speed the end is not going to be a good one is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom