Braided Brake Hoses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HEL are defiantly worth looking at, all stainless steel and have a good reputation for consistent quality control. I had them on my last Skyline for 5 years and could not notice any difference in feel from a previous set of Goodridge. The only negative comment I have heard is that there kits are not exact specifications to the OEM lines they replace so some will be identical length/connection types whereas some vehicles will have slightly different length/connection and that this was how they can be so competitive price wise.
The ones I had we're absolutely identical so cannot verify this from personal experience.

Had hel lines on my Suzuki bandit and the difference was night and day. Great feel and excellent stopping power with less input from the rider. If I ever had a car that I really used the performance of then I would go for a set of these in a flash.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

I think apart from fitment the only caveat is that stainless steel braided lines are not fit-and-forget. The braid is very hard and will wear through anything it rubs against so it's essential to check the lines after fitment to make sure they are not twisted and rubbing against the tyre or suspension parts

It's quite easy to put a twist in the pipes when tightening the unions and the assembly is much stiffer than a standard rubber pipe

Nick Froome

Interesting points guys thanks!

Q for Savman if you will?

I'm buying new hoses as I've acquired a full set of 8 pot Calipers and discs off an E55 S211 for my S211 320.

I assume if I were to buy a Braided Hose set for an E55K then the supplied lengths would marry in with the 320 supplies?

I can't see bar the 55 Calipers being bigger in size why the hose layout would be changed between the models?

I can only echo the other comments, I have a Suzuki GSXR600 and have replaced my lines with HEL, the difference was incredible, gives you much more confidence in the feel of the brakes.

My step son also put HEL lines onto his old BMW 328 and said much the same.

Highly recommended.

You should be fine, easiest thing to do is check with someone like Eurocarparts for a straight replacement normally they will give the same part number.

The one thing to think of is whether your car is a facelift model as they may have changed the design but I doubt it.

My Goodrich are teflon coated over the SS braiding so no risk of chaffing over parts :thumb:

Don't forget to tell your insurer if you do this "upgrade". Direct Line wouldn't insure this mod when I contacted them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom