Braided brake lines 2013 w212 e220 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kendog91

Car
W212 E220 CDI AMG SPORT
Can anyone recommend where to buy braided brake lines for my w212 e220 cdi

Can anyone recommend where to buy braided brake lines for my w212 e220 cdi
I suppose the obvious question is why change to braided hoses?

If you do change them then you should inform your insurance company.

If you get clearance from the insurers to do this (I couldn't so ditched the idea) don't buy cheap and make sure to fit very carefully or the innards can kink and crush.
For road use there really isn't much of an advantage, if any...

Factory fitted flex lines last a long time and are relatively cheap?

If you get clearance from the insurers to do this (I couldn't so ditched the idea) don't buy cheap and make sure to fit very carefully or the innards can kink and crush.
For road use there really isn't much of an advantage, if any...
What they don't know won't hurt them

So what would happen if they discovered a pattern part?
I think the brand of the part is irrelevant what as is the braided or not question, however I would personally check that the ABS and brake assist will still work as intended, the pulses etc may be setup to take account of the tiny amount of give in a rubber hose (which is actually braided anyway) wheras a steel braided one will have much less give hence the firmer pedal feel, Goodrich will make a set to pattern

So what would happen if they discovered a pattern part?
I think the brand of the part is irrelevant what as is the braided or not question, however I would personally check that the ABS and brake assist will still work as intended, the pulses etc may be setup to take account of the tiny amount of give in a rubber hose (which is actually braided anyway) wheras a steel braided one will have much less give hence the firmer pedal feel, Goodrich will make a set to pattern
We are not talking about pattern parts.

Some Insurance companies see brake modifications as an intent to drive a vehicle in a more aggressive style and may choose to load the premium.

We are not talking about pattern parts.

Some Insurance companies see brake modifications as an intent to drive a vehicle in a more aggressive style and may choose to load the premium.
Or refuse you cover completely, as Direct Line did with me when I enquired ...

A particularly idiotic reply.
Not really, I didn't ask what people think about changing my brake lines, I didn't ask people to enquire about insurance...I simply asked if anyone knew where to buy them. Time and time again people feel the need to express their opinions where it is not wanted or needed.

Not really, I didn't ask what people think about changing my brake lines, I didn't ask people to enquire about insurance...I simply asked if anyone knew where to buy them. Time and time again people feel the need to express their opinions where it is not wanted or needed.
It isn't opinion. It is fact as another member clearly pointed out with his own experience.

You seem to think that you can do what you wish without potential consequences and whilst the first part of that is pretty much true the latter is not.

The fact you didn't ask about the risk of invalidated insurance is either because you were unaware (and by having that brought to your attention was to your benefit) or you didn't care.

You were offered good advice in good faith but you choose to denigrate it

Either way I see your comments as pretty normal for the small minority on here who are arrogant and ignorant with an overblown sense of entitlement to behave as they please so I will happily add you to the list of those to be ignored.. 👍

What they don't know won't hurt them
What a stupid answer if at all.

What if a brake defect hurts someone else, if you are involved in an accodent, and they pic up on this and not declared ... you will be kicking yourself forever

What a stupid answer if at all.

What if a brake defect hurts someone else, if you are involved in an accodent, and they pic up on this and not declared ... you will be kicking yourself forever
I was unsure if the OP is just displaying arrogance or stupidity?

Possibly a combination of both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom