Braided hoses and other upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gridlock

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 AMG
Popped the C43 down to Olly at the weekend for a checkup and a couple of bits,

a) Really good to see his C43, I think that was something like 1% of RHD saloons together in one place :D Always good to see one in better nick than your own, provides both motivation and ideas..

b) When I first got mine I briefly pondered braided brake lines as the feel was quite soft compared to other cars I've had, obviously the power's there but the brake feel is a bit lacking IMO - Olly mentioned he'd done his so it took me about 0.15s to ask him to do mine as well; looking forward to it

c) a 20min chat means I now also need Avantgarde door strips for the bottom of the windows :rolleyes:

So, here's to Olly and Prestige Car Services, and looking forward to pick up :thumb:

I`ll be very hard to find a C43 as good cond as his

Hahaha

Olly was saying the same about the door strips to another chap off the forum when i was there on Thursday. :D

That bit of the A3 by Ollys is naughty isn't it , you can see for miles and it's so quiet ..... :devil:

It also has a few sneaky side-roads feeding into it, and too many over-bridges for my liking...

They can't open that Hindhead tunnel fast enough though.

Coincidentally I bought my Golf in Waterlooville so the first good run I had with it was up the A3. It certainly gets to over 69mph pretty damn quick and I was having a whale of a time with the various porkers and big-engined MBs that seem to prowl that road.

please do tell about the braided break hoses mate and what the difference feels like ;)

It also has a few sneaky side-roads feeding into it, and too many over-bridges for my liking....

Didn't notice those ..... was travelling too quickly ..... :D

Quick update, for anyone thinking of braided hoses on their 43 - much better feel and (untested as yet) hopefully less fade when they're seeing heavy use. Cheers to everyone at PCS, yet again, including for the Saturday AM pickup from the station in yet another C43 - starting to feel common!

She's had a good polish and wax today, back to gleaming now. Looking forward to showing her off at the gtg in a couple of weeks - and I'm moving to a farm cottage shortly which appears to offer some very good photo spots so will update those then too..

BTW they are elegance door strips.

Very interesting....I've always felt that both C63's had/have a rather long (soft?) brake pedal and not a lot of feel compared to my previous M3, even though ultimate stopping power appears to be much greater.

It was recommended that braided hoses and better fluid would cure that soft pedal totally and allow me to get the feel....but I really didn't know for sure so your feedback has convinced me.

Are there any other changes in feel - for instance, do you still get a 'progressive' pedal and is the pedal action still smooth?

Still progressive and smooth, just more bite and a much more intuitive feel and the really noticeable difference is that the softness is gone, feels like someone's taken the marshmallow out of the system :)

Excellent, thank you!

I'll definitely be having this relatively inexpensive mod when my coilovers are fitted in a couple of weeks :D

Quick update, for anyone thinking of braided hoses on their 43 - much better feel and (untested as yet) hopefully less fade when they're seeing heavy use.

Still progressive and smooth, just more bite and a much more intuitive feel and the really noticeable difference is that the softness is gone, feels like someone's taken the marshmallow out of the system :)

Hmmm , are you sure it isn't down to a change of fluid , and a good bleeding of the system ?

Old fluid which may have absorbed some water , and even the tiniest amount of air in the system somewhere could cause the symptoms you described .

Glad that you are feeling an improvement for whatever reason though :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom