Braided hoses? SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cb1965

Banned
Car
N/A
Just about to put by reconditioned calipers on to my R230 SL and wondered if there is any advantage to changing the brake hoses over to braided ones and if so where can I get them?

The exisitng ones are OK at the front, but the rears look a bit secondhand so seeing as I have done the calipers I thought a nice new set of braided hoses might be a good idea while I'm at it.

There is no advantage to pedal feel as you have SBC. The advantage is that will last forever as most have a lifetime warranty. You can buy them from Ebay.

There is no advantage to pedal feel as you have SBC. The advantage is that will last forever as most have a lifetime warranty. You can buy them from Ebay.

Thanks for the reply and I did wonder about the SBC and pedal feel. Given the rears are looking a bit tatty I think I will get some. Usually a bit wary about Ebay items like this, but will have a look.

Just Google "Briaded brake hoses" you will find many suppliers including Goodrich where you can search for your specific model :)

Mine has Goodrich on all round and they came off ebay and are perfect, it firmed up my pedal no end and it also lessens the danger of them bursting when the car is driven spiritedly :eek:

Mine has Goodrich on all round and they came off ebay and are perfect, it firmed up my pedal no end and it also lessens the danger of them bursting when the car is driven spiritedly :eek:

Try as I might I can't find Goodridge (or any come to that) for the SL55 on Ebay or anywhere else. The closest I get is HEL for the SL350, are these the right ones for the 55?

Sorry to be such a dumbo, but can you or anyone else post any links please?

Thanks in advance.

Try as I might I can't find Goodridge (or any come to that) for the SL55 on Ebay or anywhere else. The closest I get is HEL for the SL350, are these the right ones for the 55?

Sorry to be such a dumbo, but can you or anyone else post any links please?

Thanks in advance.

Give this guy a call had various braided hoses from him including mine, he also had me some done with special ends very helpful indeed, most of his stuff is on ebay but I cant see the SL55 listed but sure he will be able to help.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 11
Give this guy a call had various braided hoses from him including mine, he also had me some done with special ends very helpful indeed, most of his stuff is on ebay but I cant see the SL55 listed but sure he will be able to help.

Cheers, will do :thumb:

Just a heads-up but some insurers will not like the fitting of braided hoses...

Just a heads-up but some insurers will not like the fitting of braided hoses...

All my mods are listed with them, but braided hoses???? I don't doubt you, but what reason do they have for not liking them? Had you not pointed this out I would not have mentioned it to them, guess I better had or maybe just not bother with the hoses!

Braided hose equal enthusiastic/spirited driving and a greater risk, in their assessment.

Not all insurers are the same but always best to disclose..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom