Brake and pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cls350dw218

Car
Cls
Hi I'm new to the forum,
I have a cls 350d w218 from 2017.
And I'm looking for decent disc and pads for my merc rear and front, but I like all the same size as the front ones ,any recommendations.
Thanks in advance

……but I like all the same size as the front ones……
Welcome to the forum. 👍

are you saying you want to put the same size discs on the rear as you currently have on the front?

Welcome to the forum. Brembo are great, different level of braking and durability.

Hello and welcome . Check prices and availability directly from Mercedes Benz before shopping around , you might be surprised at the affordability of genuine MB brake parts , not always, but check first. Then as suggested , Brembo , as they are OEM on many MB cars from the factory.

After that ? ....well , prepare for many recommendations from members on here who all have their own experience to share with you.

Not sure what you mean by 'same size front and rear' ?

Have a chat with EBC, they can sort you out.

3 cars full sets and a front set of Redstuff on the old boys previous car with ceramic happiness .

However expensive , so Ferodo Eco Friction pads that contain ceramic are being trialled up front for the last few months of a car , braking is good as for dust I've just washed the wheels in the last hour since fitted so will report back .

I'm expecting them to lightly dust the same as the rears whereas the norm for us all is the front heavily dusts .

43b97c2b5cf2b59bd438a4e7ca2dde2e.plist.jpg

Screenshot_20210516-150400_Chrome.jpg
graph2.jpg

Future legislation will see all road pads emit less particulate matter .

As for rotors , Brembo .

2EC58B70-D681-4FDE-84B4-D5614648FBC0.jpeg

Stay away from Pagid OE discs and pads , poor disc hub coating and warp , oh and the pads are dust monsters .

Euro Car Parts have purchased
Pagid OE and have cheaped out !

Now you have opened up a whole new world of brake talk. IMHO trying to replace the rear discs on your car with ones the same size as the fronts is a complete and utter waste of time and money. It has the potential to make the car dangerous to drive (unbalanced brake bias) and possibly uninsurable . Same size (or larger) on the rears is a thing but it is done with the whole car performance and balance in mind from the design stage.

Having said that I would like to see it done just to find out how it all works out ! :p

Thanks everyone for feedback this is getting even more interesting and challenging confuse,
I will research more about the feedbacks and let everyone know what was my decision.
But more feedback is welcome 🙄👍

Yes that's correct
Hmmm. So I assume you plan to change rear callipers & mounting points to marry in with larger, thicker vented discs?

Is this to achieve more balanced braking when reversing or purely just for aesthetics?

I’m intrigued.

I think I remember from my college days ( a veeeeery long time ago), that road cars are generally set up with a roughly 2/3rds - 1/3rd brake bias front to rear, given that most vehicles nose-dive under heavy braking therefore unloading the rear. I would imagine that messing with that bias is only going to increase the incidence of the rears locking, but I'm always up for being proven wrong.

I'm wondering where the handbrake is going in all of this 🤔.

Thanks everyone for feedback this is getting even more interesting and challenging confuse,
I will research more about the feedbacks and let everyone know what was my decision.
But more feedback is welcome 🙄👍
Fit the same size as you have already.
Trying to fit bigger discs will end in tears as most likely will foul the caliper.

Pretty sure your insurers would veto the modification, if you tell them.
Pretty sure they will find out very quickly after you slam the anchors on and spin into the road furniture..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom