Brake and pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I remember from my college days ( a veeeeery long time ago), that road cars are generally set up with a roughly 2/3rds - 1/3rd brake bias front to rear, given that most vehicles nose-dive under heavy braking therefore unloading the rear.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 90:10 front to back

I do now what I'm doing .
I'm just looking for suggestions to compare
To replace the rear discs you need to remove the brake calipers.
Fitting bigger discs (the same as the front ones) would mean that when you came to bolt the calipers back on, the mounting bolts wouldn't line up as the bigger disc will have moved the caliper further out.

Don't even consider it. The discs you have a perfectly adequate.

Stop it, just stop it.

So what rotor diameter sizes are we talking about front and rear and what is already there ?

No clever boffins who designed my oe set up , 295 mm front , 300 mm rear , errr....

Yes that's correct
Any particular reason why, other than appearance?

Anything's doable but it probably won't be cheap and who knows what effect it will have on the car's braking performance/stability. Do you regularly use the car on a track?

Unsprung weight will be increased massively probably requiring suspension modifications to make it work properly. It can be done , but that's no reason for doing it.

Don't do it. The (probably sour) juice will never be worth the squeeze.

I do now what I'm doing .
I'm just looking for suggestions to compare
For someone that knows what they’re doing, you are asking some very naive questions and are suggesting a technically flawed proposal that would completely compromise the braking safety of your car, rendering it dangerous and unroadworthy.

But hey crack on, you know what you’re doing... 🙄

3 cars full sets and a front set of Redstuff on the old boys previous car with ceramic happiness .

However expensive , so Ferodo Eco Friction pads that contain ceramic are being trialled up front for the last few months of a car , braking is good as for dust I've just washed the wheels in the last hour since fitted so will report back .

I'm expecting them to lightly dust the same as the rears whereas the norm for us all is the front heavily dusts .

View attachment 118186

View attachment 118191
View attachment 118187

Future legislation will see all road pads emit less particulate matter .

As for rotors , Brembo .

View attachment 118188

Stay away from Pagid OE discs and pads , poor disc hub coating and warp , oh and the pads are dust monsters .

Euro Car Parts have purchased
Pagid OE and have cheaped out !

Almost a month and the Ferodo Eco Friction have done what I thought as to the dust result .

20211007_160404.jpg

Rear.....................................................................Front

Rear are stock , front Ferodo Eco Friction .

Putting your life and others to one side. What point is there in this suicidal idea ?
Be honest, to quote E55BOF S‘ Bollocks innit.

OP,

Have you ever made one jacket out of two smaller jackets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom