Brake Assist - Radar / sensor location??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nyckuk

Car
A180d AMG Line 2017
I've just bought a CAT N 2017 A180d AMG Line lightly hit up the front/back with both bumpers missing.
Ive got the Brake Assist malfunction warning as the front bumper is missing so i guess the Brake Assist - Module / sensor is part of the bumper
I can only see one spare wire/plug on mine so i gues that is it ??

Ive looked at bumpers on E-bay and i dont think it in the Grill badge but possibly attached to the bumper just under the grill??

Does anyone know if it uses the what looks like the Parking sensors or its a separate radar module and where it is located on this model??

Photo 1 is possibly the Brake Assist - Module??
Photo 2 is the style of bumper for my A180d AMG Line
Photo 3/4 is the spare wire/plug on my car
bumper Brake Radar.jpg
amg front bumper.jpg
IMG_0958.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG

Not sure why Brake Assist will need sensors in the grille/bumper? As far as I know Brake Assist uses a vacuum sensor in the servo booster.

If you are talking about the emergency brake feature, I think it simply uses the front radar sensor, which is usually located inside the Mercedes-Benz star in the middle of the grille.

I think you were referring to Active Brake Assist?

I've just bought a CAT N 2017 A180d AMG Line lightly hit up the front/back with both bumpers missing.
Ive got the Brake Assist malfunction warning as the front bumper is missing so i guess the Brake Assist - Module / sensor is part of the bumper
I can only see one spare wire/plug on mine so i gues that is it ??

Ive looked at bumpers on E-bay and i dont think it in the Grill badge but possibly attached to the bumper just under the grill??

Does anyone know if it uses the what looks like the Parking sensors or its a separate radar module and where it is located on this model??

Photo 1 is possibly the Brake Assist - Module??
Photo 2 is the style of bumper for my A180d AMG Line
Photo 3/4 is the spare wire/plug on my car
View attachment 91967
View attachment 91966
View attachment 91968
View attachment 91969
Hi There,

I have the same problem atm, have you sorted it?
I would appreciate any feedback as we to have found one spare plug/wire and have no idea what it is for.
Got Active Brake Assist Functions Limited message as well.

Thanks

I think you were referring to Active Brake Assist?
Hi,

Mine says Active Brake Assist Functions Limited,
Car was bought with light front damage but with front bumper and cant really say what's missing. It is not the sensor in Mercedes-Benz star in the middle of the grille,
I have found one spare plug/wire and have no idea what it is for. Plug is same as the photo above. Car is without parking sensors.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom