Brake cables - chewed by a fox?!?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi

If it was a Mercedes you could fit it with protection against Marten which would maybe solve the problem.

And no i haven't been smoking something:D :D

Saw one of these on Wildlife SOS the other day , proper aggro little thing it was ....

Apparently there are quite large populations of them in the UK

Recipe

Edible Dormice
Recipe:

4 dormice
Flour
Oil
2 potatoes
Bouquet garni
Salt Pepper
Lemon peel
Vinegar (Wine or Balsamic)

Skin and gut the dormice and lay them flat. Gently flour them all over.
Fry the dormice in a little oil until browned.
Scald the potatoes unpeeled in water then peel and quarter them.
Add potatoes to the dormouse pan and toss in the juices and oil.
Transfer to a saucepan and de glaze the pan with water and a little wine if liked. You should have about ¾ pint of liquid.
Pour the liquid over the mice and potatoes.
Add some zested lemon peel and simmer slowly until the potatoes break up and the soup is thick.
Just before serving sprinkle on some wine vinegar

In Croatia, they call them tree rats.

They are much prized for the medicinal qualities of their fat. We even sorted out a long term seemingly incurable with modern medicine skin problem for my son with the smallest amount drop oil from the fat of one of these little rodents.

Cheeky blighters they are, hiding in tree tops throwing things at me... I thought I was going crazy until I actually spotted one doing it.

Edible Dormice
Recipe:

4 dormice
Flour
Oil
2 potatoes
Bouquet garni
Salt Pepper
Lemon peel
Vinegar (Wine or Balsamic)

Skin and gut the dormice and lay them flat. Gently flour them all over.
Fry the dormice in a little oil until browned.
Scald the potatoes unpeeled in water then peel and quarter them.
Add potatoes to the dormouse pan and toss in the juices and oil.
Transfer to a saucepan and de glaze the pan with water and a little wine if liked. You should have about ¾ pint of liquid.
Pour the liquid over the mice and potatoes.
Add some zested lemon peel and simmer slowly until the potatoes break up and the soup is thick.
Just before serving sprinkle on some wine vinegar

Best with a rat souffle for desert.

I've had mice in both cars over the last year. They get in the engine bay, chew a bit of the sound deadening mat & make a nest.
So far no other damage!
I think they are field mice but could be dormice as we do get them round here.
Dormice are a protected species so you must seek permission from Gordon Brown before you put them in the cooking pot!

Dormice are a protected species so you must seek permission from Gordon Brown before you put them in the cooking pot!

DEFRA Guidance on Glis Glis: The edible dormouse is protected under Section 11(2) of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 in that certain methods of killing or taking are prohibited unless a licence has been issued by Defra. Occupiers of land may however, kill or take edible dormice by any non-prohibited method, such as shooting, without needing a licence.

If a dormouse problem cannot be resolved without resorting to a prohibited method (such as trapping), Defra may issue a licence to permit use of such a method. The Wildlife Administration Unit administers all licence applications for edible dormice. This includes licences to prevent damage to forestry and to residential and industrial property.

Please note that it is an offence under Section 14 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 to release or allow the escape of edible dormice into the wild.

Pity.....:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom