Brake calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gav

Car
E320CDI S211
Anyone got any ideas on how to clean up the Mercedes branded covers on S211 brake calipers ?

Only 10 months and already they're looking a bit dull - is it down to using Wonder Wheels ?

Gav said:
Anyone got any ideas on how to clean up the Mercedes branded covers on S211 brake calipers ?

Only 10 months and already they're looking a bit dull - is it down to using Wonder Wheels ?

Probably.

Do not use WW on alloy wheels, it will ruin them.

Zymol do a non acid wheel cleaner, WW acid, acid and more acid not good.

Just clean your wheels regularly once a week with normal car body shampoo and dont allow the dirt to accumulate and in Winter get the salt of ASAP. If you do this then there is no need for any acid or no acidic expensive wheel cleaning products. Thats what I ahve always done.

I made the mistake using Wonder Wheels on my W126 (had lovely alloys on it as well) and it ruined them and made the bolts go all rusty. I have never used anything acid on the alloy wheels since (4 years ago...). I'm sure Wonder Wheels has probably already got to your calipers.

Tip: When Staelers valet/wash your cars i.e. after a service/warranty work they use very strong acidic wheel cleaners... ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, don't use wonderwheels under any circumstances .....:eek: shocking stuff...

Ruined my CRX alloys like that ... i just use warm water with Zymol wash liqiud in it and wax them once a month .....

But, in answer to your question, are the calipers smooth or do they have a 'cast' roughness about them ? , if they are smooth, you could Autosol them and then laqcuer them but if they are cast, i fear you may be stuck with it ...

If your calipers are cast then just paint them gold/brass (ish) colour and they will look good BUT if they have the MB logo on them then I doubt that they are cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom