Brake callipers.. What's the deal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobb

Car
CLK55 AMG - E92 M3
So I have the big brake discs on my CLK but still the same old ugly and rusty brake callipers.. To be honest they let the car down. I know I can powder coat them, buy and painting kit for them etc..

But I would prefer to buy some genuine better looking callipers such as brembo etc..

So what's the deal? What capliers can i put on my car to set it off? What will fit?

Something like this?
http://www.MBClub.co.uk/forums/memb...calipers-360mm-brembo-discs-ceramic-pads.html

How much would it cost to fit the same callipers to my car?

You haven't got the silver AMG calipers on the front??? Thought it would have done!

Nope! Hence why I want to do something about it..

How much are the AMG callipers?

If you are talking about the rear wheels then you can replace the callipers with AMG ones - I did this :thumb:

Attachments

• My car.JPG
    My car.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 142
No idea mate, but knowing MB.... To be honest, I thought all AMGs came with the big calipers, what year is your car?

2000 w208

I'm not certain if they only fitted the nicer calipers from certain year? My 52 plate C32 definitely has them, but has 'normal' calipers on the rear with more rust than the Titanic's anchor! I will, if I can ever be ****d, take them off and clean them up and spray them.

2000 w208

Talk to AP Racing if you want bigger and better calipers they do a great conversion, also they will take your own recondition them, powdercoat them add their logo to make them look really smart. Not sure if they could do MB logo or AMG due to copyright etc. but might be worth asking :dk:

Thanks for the advice..

So far the porsche callipers sound like the best option.. What's the price of putting them on all four corners?

Even Porsche 996 Brembo calipers ?

I'm not sure why anyone would want to fit Porsche parts on an MB :dk: Better to source some AMG calipers or have existing reconditioned or upgraded from one of the performance manufacturers :dk:

They're nice.. I'm not really that worried about the brand along as they are a brand name.. Those Brabus brakes look nice though..

Firstly are they better than the Current standard AMG brakes I have now?

How much will they go for? (£) roughly?

They're nice.. I'm not really that worried about the brand along as they are a brand name.. Those Brabus brakes look nice though..

Firstly are they better than the Current standard AMG brakes I have now?

How much will they go for? (£) roughly?

Kit like that on ebay won't be very expensive but it's the adaption (brackets, bells) and consumables (pads, rotors) that are costly. You can't buy latter off the shelf so be prepared to spend 2-3 times more than the OEM on pads and rotors alone. Will eventually cost you fortune if you're doing many miles. Also, 375mm front rotor like the one in the Brabus kit needs at least 19" alloy wheel to clear the calliper.

The good news is Alcon/Brabus will be much better than your AMG brakes and will look jaw dropping!

I really like the look of that Brabus set up, but when it comes to new discs and pads I assume the cost will be eye watering! But, that said, you get what you pay for!

Are we talking four figures? For example if the Brabus brakes cost me say £400 for everything that's in the auction.. What would the cost be of the other stuff?

Are we talking four figures? For example if the Brabus brakes cost me say £400 for everything that's in the auction.. What would the cost be of the other stuff?

More likely £1,000-1,400 for the kit ;) Complete front disc of that size with bell and bolts would be around £400-500 mark, set of pads for the front axle £200-300. Rears are a litre cheaper but you get the idea. Brackets another £150-200 for a pair. These are the prices if you go indy route. Brabus official prices are double that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom