Brake Conversions Kits?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sinewave

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 520 M-Sport Touring, Kawasaki ZX10R KRT (AMG Eater!)
Now I've got my 19" AMG rims fitted on Supersports the brake calipers are looking rather rusty and weedy to say the least! :(

Are there any reasonable priced brake conversions kits out there which aren't stupid money like the Brembo GT kit! :eek:

Yes I know I could just paint the calipers but standard Merc calipers don't exactly fill the huge cavernous space behind the 19" rims.

KSPORTS seem reasonably priced but have read a few bad reports on disc uniformity and general lack of customer support?

I've seen enough dead sets of KSports in my time to avoid like the plague.

Ask yourself this...are your brakes somewhere where you want to be skimping?

Filling the wheels can be accomplished with bigger discs, but you need to bear in mind how they integrate into the rest of the existing setup. You want to make things better, not worse.

Now I've got my 19" AMG rims fitted on Supersports the brake calipers are looking rather rusty and weedy to say the least! :(

Are there any reasonable priced brake conversions kits out there which aren't stupid money like the Brembo GT kit! :eek:

Yes I know I could just paint the calipers but standard Merc calipers don't exactly fill the huge cavernous space behind the 19" rims.

KSPORTS seem reasonably priced but have read a few bad reports on disc uniformity and general lack of customer support?

Hi

Its all about the budget...but last time I was checking big brake kits, these guys were cheaper and I know a few people that used them (not on Mercs) and so far all is good.

Official Website MOV'IT® - brakes, brake systems, braking systems:*W211 ( E-Klasse )

Monster 6 Radial to Suit 330mm Rotor

If the budget is tighter than Jean claude van damme' trousers in the Coors Ad and you have some mechanical knowledge, then you could always pick up some 4/6 pot calipers ex Maserati gt 3200/ 4200, they have the same centre hole to centre hole distance as the Mercedes mounting distance 110mm (unless the newer e class models have a different mounting distance). the disc height (offset) is 64mm and I believe yours is 60mm. It would require fine tuning but can be done.

brembo 4 piston 330x32 vs W124 295x22 ATE 4 piston
picture016awl.jpg

hope this helps
Mazza

Why not fit the E63 kit?

Hey Cheapskate ....

eBay

:)

Sorry to sound like a cracked record but ...

Do check with your insurer first. This sort of thing can cause them to spit the dummy!!

Thanks for the replies so far.

Any more input??

ive got a full big brake kit for sale, but i dont know if it would fit.
I bought it for my1996 r129 sl60 amg and it didnt fit.

Its the generation 2 amg / brembo calipers 6piston front and 4 piston rear.
plus 2 piece discs 360mm rotors and rear ones. Again dont know if it would fit.

ive got a full big brake kit for sale, but i dont know if it would fit.
I bought it for my1996 r129 sl60 amg and it didnt fit.

Its the generation 2 amg / brembo calipers 6piston front and 4 piston rear.
plus 2 piece discs 360mm rotors and rear ones. Again dont know if it would fit.

I'm interested! :)

email me some more info if you please! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom