Brake Discs for E63 / CLS63 (W212 / W218)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbzclk

Car
An AMG
So I was reading another post on the forum today and noticed that some people recommend the C63 W204 floating disc for the E63 / CLS63

Is this recommended? Is it better than the OEM / OE fitment? Do mods / changes need to be made for these to fit?

It’s certainly cheaper to get the W204 disc and if it’s better, well that’s a win win,

Initially I was going to go for:

But now I’m thinking should I be going for the floating disc.

I want whatever are the best performing discs!

@AMGeed have you purchased discs for your car yet? What are you going to do for?
Not yet. There is still life in the fronts but the rears may need replacing soon.
I'll be getting them from Autodoc when the time comes.
Already have low dust TRW front pads to put on when the warning comes up.

I’m going for Autodoc - I just don’t know if I should be going for floating W204 discs (will they fit?) or the Zimmerman discs!

Anyone else?

Those floating discs, if you look on the Brembo site, show what models they are compatible with, which includes the E63.

I'd be inclined to trust what Brembo says, and get the floating rotors. They are also significantly cooler than one-piece jobs, I love how they look through the spokes.

Not yet. There is still life in the fronts but the rears may need replacing soon.

I believe there is a pair of rear Brembo disks for sale here. No idea how much he wants for them, but maybe you could contact him via eBay.

I believe there is a pair of rear Brembo disks for sale here. No idea how much he wants for them, but maybe you could contact him via eBay.

Good call. I'll do that.

Doesn’t list the CLS however. But I see another post where someone has used it on a CLS63 so should be fine. 50% off today. So may as well get it now.

Placed an order for the front floating and rear Brembo’s.

Still unsure if the floating will fit the M157 CLS or if I should have got the Zimmers! Anyway got them with the safe option so have 200 days to return them if needed.

Can you post the part numbers please? Be a good reference, especially if you can update with worked/didn't work.

Part numbers in the first post! I’ll compare the dimensions and spec with the zimmermans

The rears:
They’re a confirmed fit. However the Floating (front) Discs are linked to the W204 so still unsure! Has anyone done it successfully?

@AMGeed did you say you were going to purchase the Floating Brembo as per the link above? Do you know if anyone has done it successfully?

The floating Brembo's as per the link in the first post are a good bit cheaper than the recommended Brembo's from Europart.

Don't forget.... Autodoc will take back the parts, no questions if you tick the £3.90 box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom