Brake Discs & Pads for AMG/Line variants (full Blown AMG)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjl

Car
2014 W212 E350 AMG Sport Bluetec Saloon BMW F800GT Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
I recently asked this question in the Euro Car Parts section of this forum but got no answer so will ask the membership if they can enlighten me.

I previously owned a W209 CLK 320CDi AMG variant and have just changed to to a W212 E class E350CDi Bluetec AMG Line saloon. Neither Euro Car Parts or GSF list front or back discs or pads for AMG variants of these models.

Have any other members managed to find these items at other than Mercedes main dealers. I cannot understand why they are not readily available in the normal aftermarket retailers when certainly with the CLK model a large proportion of the model variants are AMG models.

Aren't they the same on all 320cdi's & 350cdi's regardless of AMG body styling?

"AMG Line" is purely body styling, mechanicals are standard E class.

Nothing "full blown" about them....

No such thing as a w209 320cdi AMG

Euro car parts do have a distinction in some models, i.e for the C Class AMG-Line they list the drilled discs, and solid discs for my non-AMG styled variant.

But yeah, as said, like with Audi, an S4 is a very different car to an A4 S-Line, same with AMG. Proper AMG parts won't fit your car and will be several times the price.

Sorry, obviously suffering brain fade due to advanced years!

Missed out three important letters NOT in front of full blown AMG.

Also, meant CLK sport model which has the AMG body styling kit and 18" wheels and lowered suspension. The disks and calipers are different to the Elegance and Avantgarde models and the discs are perforated.

According to the catologue I have in front of me they made a CLK 63 AMG, whether it was a W209 I don't know.

The E class AMG Line is similarly spec'd and differs from the other models in the range.

I don't know as they are the same as the actual AMG models, all I know is that when I try and look for them in Euro Car Parts or GSF the parts they list say "for vehicles without AMG sports package and don't list alternatives.

Apologies again for the confusion, I must do a better job of proof reading before posting!

Have you tried the main dealer parts counter for a supply only price? They will be able to supply precisely the right parts based upon you VIN (chassis) number.

They can be surprisingly good value on brakes especially, and most people get a discount if they ask, which often means the price is around the same as ECP and GSF.

Just ask for a discount :thumb:

ask your local MB dealer they not as bad as you think and always ask for a discount as others have said. get the best price then look on ebay theres a MB dealer on there from newcastle i did get all my parts from him as were always cheaper than my local MB but now my local gives me a discount i just go there

Buy from the dealer. The brake parts are not expensive.

Buy from the dealer. The brake parts are not expensive.

I've just saved over £150 buying my front discs and pads and rear discs and pads and sensors and fitting kit all pagit from ecp compared to mb Leicester.

streethawk said:
I've just saved over £150 buying my front discs and pads and rear discs and pads and sensors and fitting kit all pagit from ecp compared to mb Leicester.

They are not as good though. The amount of complaints we get regarding squeaking pagid pads is unreal.

They are not as good though. The amount of complaints we get regarding squeaking pagid pads is unreal.

I thought olly I read a thread some time ago where you rated pagit as on oe part hence why I've chosen that brand! Surely good quality anti squeal paste will sort that? I will when I get them take to work and check for runout and parallelism and post feedback but not for 2 and a bit weeks as new baby on the way =-O

streethawk said:
I thought olly I read a thread some time ago where you rated pagit as on oe part hence why I've chosen that brand! Surely good quality anti squeal paste will sort that? I will when I get them take to work and check for runout and parallelism and post feedback but not for 2 and a bit weeks as new baby on the way =-O

I did. But since using a few more of them I am not sure now.

I did. But since using a few more of them I am not sure now.

Bugger. Well I've paid for them now so fingers crossed I'll have a good experience with them. Like I say I'll inspect them first and if there not upto scratch I'll grind them right! Engineer by the way. It's interesting as my front calipers are brembo allegedly and also my mates vw torag. He's been looking and seen a brembo pad up close for his car and that had under brembo print pagit stamped on them so it looks like pagit make them.

I'll second that on squeaking Pagid discs/brakes - fitted then to a CL203 and they've been noisy from the outset (even with proper bed-in). Fitted ATE discs/pads on my S203 and always silent.

I'll second that on squeaking Pagid discs/brakes - fitted then to a CL203 and they've been noisy from the outset (even with proper bed-in). Fitted ATE discs/pads on my S203 and always silent.

Surely they only squeal because either they are not a good fit in the caliper so vibrate. I always put paste on all the pads mating faces and always file where pads sit with a little swiss file in the calipers to remove any solid muck! I know pagit apparently give off lots of dust so that could cause squeal. I'll see what happens in a few months when I fit them and post results.

I took the wheels off the car yesterday to see how much the pads had worn as the car had covered nearly 42,000 miles before I purchased it and I wanted to check the size of the discs and the shape of the pads so that I got the correct ones. However, the good news is that the pads have plenty of life left in them.
For those people who think mechanically the AMG Line models are no different to the other models they are incorrect. The suspension is lowered, the wheels are bigger diameter and wider back and front and the front brakes are bigger and cross drilled.
The front discs are 344mm diameter.
I have managed to track down Bosch pads at KMS parts on ebay but surprisingly not on their own website and Halfords although the part number they quote is correct the illustration they show is not correct so would need to check this out before ordering.
There was no manufacturers name on the originally fitted front pads apart from the mercedes star and part number. AKEBONO NS380H FF was cast into the metal base but as far as I am aware this is not a known name of a brake manufacturer. The rear pads are ATE.
I have never had any experience of Bosch pads before, have members got any feedback on them.

Id just use the genuine MB pads. They are not expensive. Measure the discs too. The measurement is stamped on the hub of the disc.

my 2p. If it hasn't got an AMG engine its not an AMG no matter how big the wheels are, what brakes it has.

A E63 has very different brakes to your car. :)

Similar to the old Sports Pack that was available on the 203. Lowered suspension, bigger cross drilled brakes, fatter wheels. Still wasn't the same spec as the C55, just a bit beefier than std models.

I'm not trying trying to masquerade as an AMG owner, especially with a diesel engine.
What badges a car has on it doesn't bother me, it's the equipment it has is what I look at and personalised number plates are a waste of money which is better spent on the car itself.
I am just trying to point out that they are different to other models in the range despite what some people think and if the AMG sport/line models are nothing special why are the brake parts not readily available through the normal spares outlets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom