Brake Drums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

giusepppe

Car
2007 S320 Cdi W221
I was looking my rear brake disc's on my 2007 S class W221 to adjust my break shoes, and I've come to a conclusion it does not have any break shoes to adjust, I have a problem with my electronic break lever showing that is inoperative on my dash, so checked the rear breaks to find no shoes to adjust and no electrical actuators to clamp the brake pads, am I missing something, lost my car manual somewhere so cannot read up on them, any help please would be much appreciated

The parking brake shoes are tucked inside the back of the brake disc and in front of the metal brake shield, that's why you can't see them.
This diagram shows the position in relation to the disc. You need to back off the parking brake before removing the disc to gain access to the shoes if you want to replace them. All part numbers in the diagram..

The parking brake shoes are tucked inside the back of the brake disc and in front of the metal brake shield, that's why you can't see them.
This diagram shows the position in relation to the disc. You need to back off the parking brake before removing the disc to gain access to the shoes if you want to replace them. All part numbers in the diagram..
Thankyou for that AMGeed, I see it shows vented discs, mine are solid, now I see the break adjuster, will have another go at adjusting them

Lots of videos on Youtube on the W221 electronic service brakes - > Important that first , you take a good look at them. And do this before you go operating in there .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom