Brake Fluid Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justintyme

Car
Mercedes Benz w212 E Class
I am planning on changing the brake fluid in my 2010 E class w212. It has 227'000 Klms done. It's my 1st time doing this particular job, and I would like if anyone who had previously done it, could give me some pointer's? I was planning on siphoning out all the fluid in Master Cylinder, replacing it with new fluid ( DOT4 ), then going to the rear wheel furthest from the master cylinder resavoir, and vacuuming the fluid out until the new fluid appears. Then on to the other rear wheel repeat, then to the front, same process. While this is going on... do I need to have the engine running, and some one sitting inside, pumping the brake? This was the approved method in older cars, but I'm not sure if it is suitabe for the W212? I have an iCarsoft 11, will I need to use this at any stage in the process? Thanks for any help you can give.
Regards, Justin.

Thats how i did it .but i just let the nipples drip for 20 minutes.keeping an eye on fluid levels in resovoir.

Thats how i did it .but i just let the nipples drip for 20 minutes.keeping an eye on fluid levels in resovoir.
Did you have to have some one pumping the brake pedal while you were at the bleed nipple turning it on and off? or did you just open it and let id drip drip....You used a plastic tube and bottle I guess?

Did you have to have some one pumping the brake pedal while you were at the bleed nipple turning it on and off? or did you just open it and let id drip drip....You used a plastic tube and bottle I guess?

i just let it drip , but i changed the pads at the same time so when i pushed back the piston i got rid of quite a bit of fluid in 1 hit , after that i just let it drip while i did other things. using a tube and a bottle . once id filled the reservoir twice i had someone pump the peddle for the final time before nipping the nipples up .

i just let it drip , but i changed the pads at the same time so when i pushed back the piston i got rid of quite a bit of fluid in 1 hit , after that i just let it drip while i did other things. using a tube and a bottle . once id filled the reservoir twice i had someone pump the peddle for the final time before nipping the nipples up .
Thanks, that sound's like the way to go....there are plenty of posts on bleeding the brakes on the w211, and it's very problematic. Has to be reset on the computer etc. That's why I was a bit worried about the brakes on the w212. I have bled the brakes on many different makes of cars, but I'm new to MB. So better to ask twice, than be sorry once.......:D

W211 was sbc brakes. W212 is normal servo assist brakes . Nothing to worry about.

Thanks, that sound's like the way to go....there are plenty of posts on bleeding the brakes on the w211, and it's very problematic. Has to be reset on the computer etc. That's why I was a bit worried about the brakes on the w212. I have bled the brakes on many different makes of cars, but I'm new to MB. So better to ask twice, than be sorry once.......:D

The only W211 that is problematic is one with SBC braking, this was not fitted after the 2006 MY face lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom