Brake Fluid recomendations!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jrggino

Hi to all, I would like to change the brake fluid in my E300TD 1999, I have looked through past posts, There are loads so I thought it would be quicker to just ask the question. I have a very good quality dot 4 brake fluid which I brought to Italy. I just wanted to make sure there is nothing special about MB braking systems before I change the fluid. Has anyone changed there Brake fluid recently!. I have an easy brake fluid kit to make it easier, so I just hope the caliper bleed screews dont shear off.
I look forward to all your recomendations and hints

Gino:cool:

I can't advise on the suitable fluid but I have used the Eezi Bleed brake system and found it excellent. So assuming the nipples undo then it should be a straighforward job for you :)

use a decent quality and well fitting spanner or socket on the bleed nipples; do not round the heads off with some cheap mickey mouse open ended spanner.

Yup, second that on the Gunsons eziee bleed, good bit of kit -

Stick some penetrating fluid on all four nipples before hand, I bought a special deep fitting socket but still managed to snap one off - doh!

Had to replace the calliper :(

I agree with all the above.
I use Halfrauds dot-4 in mine.
Regarding the snapped-off bleed nipples ... Yes ... We've all been there.
Not funny.

Having suffered this fate, I fitted new bleed nipples the last time I did a full bleed.
Better to spend a few quid to save a potential disaster.
Having fitted new ones, it's only necessary to pinch them up till they just seal, and there should be no trouble loosening them next time.

I'm afraid that some mechanics see it as a test of their manliness to screw them up as tight as possible.
Not necessary !!

Cheers.
Johnsco

Thanks all

Guys thanks I will use my dot 4 brake fluid now. I may just buy some bleed nipples just in case and bring my easyouts just in case. Yes I use the easy bleed system for years, its very good as long as you keep your eye under the bonnet, as i have had one leak.
I was not sure on the brake fluid, as I was sure there would be a special super fluid for MB as with all the other stuff.
Thanks again all

Gino:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom