Brake fluid service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IFFY100

Car
Cls 350 cdi 2010 grand edition
Info on my model suggests I have a 219.322 model which I assume is a w219. I want to service the brake fluid on this car, I intend to hook a pella extractor to the callipers one by one. My question is - is this car standard in terms of brake service as are majority of other cars? Say an e46 bmw?

Didn't some of the W219 have the SBC system?

If it does you cannot bleed the system like other none SBC cars, really needs Star to do it "properly".

Great - another complication! How do I find out if it has an sbc system?

According to merc it has no sbc. But how do I find out

According to merc it has no sbc. But how do I find out
Update your user details so it doesn’t just say BMW, helps others know what your car is

Great - another complication! How do I find out if it has an sbc system?

Many ways, Model, year, engine, reg. number, VIN, have a look in the engine bay for an SBC unit.

I may be wrong but I though they fitted it to the early CLS (W219) as well as the W211.

Best way to find out is open the bonnet . There's a git big square block with all the brake pipes going to it. It has SBC stamped on it. You would of heard the pump recharging by now anyways ..

So not been to the garage yet but here's the vin
Wdd2193222a168638

2010 no sbc. Phased out around 2007.

Now that we have gotten to the bottom of that, according to mercedes the replacement fluid for the car is dot 4. According to most other cars you should upgrade to the newest fluid available (5.1?), Mercedes-Benz Electronic Spare Parts Catalogue Online doesn't offer much info on lubricants so should I stick to dot 4?

Dot 5 .1 has higher boiling points . Use either . 5.1 probably wasn't out then ??? Its safe to mix the 2.

Now that we have gotten to the bottom of that, according to mercedes the replacement fluid for the car is dot 4. According to most other cars you should upgrade to the newest fluid available (5.1?), Mercedes-Benz Electronic Spare Parts Catalogue Online doesn't offer much info on lubricants so should I stick to dot 4?
It’s dot 4 plus , it says it on the brake reservoir cap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom