Brake hold feature stopped working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had it on my E55 some years back and strangely the cause of the failure was to do with wear in the gear selector lever. It required a new switch mechanism (covered by Tier 1).

I have no idea how the two are connected - but after the switch had been replaced, all back to normal.

Star will pick up the fault and give you the solution on the C63.

As above but I also saw a vid on youTube where the problem was the aux battery which needed changing?

As above but I also saw a vid on youTube where the problem was the aux battery which needed changing?
When mine stopped working it was associated with the drivers door courtesy light switch.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Does the stop start still work, that is usually the clue as to whether it is the Aux battery as the eco option stops going green as well.

It doesn't have stop start. Or at least my C63 doesn't seem to!

In another nod to fuel economy being for people who don't choose a car with a 6.3 litre engine, most of the fuel economy readouts that are available on other W204 models are missing from the C63 too. We only get the readout since reset, and since journey started. No graphs, and no instant readout.

Oh, and because there's no start stop, I'm reasonably sure we don't get the aux battery either.

Brake hold was not working on my car when I got it 7 months ago and it was fixed after a brake fluid change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stop start is aimed at manufacturers meeting the emissions targets rather than economy really.

Could be one of a number of sensors which the HOLD system will use to decide whether it should deploy or not. Best to get it on a diagnostics machine at a local indie I would have thought.

Like mentioned, gear selector module minor fault has been often culprit... and its true any related sensor malfunction disables it. Transmission, doors, wheel speed, brake pressure etc.

Just changed the both battery's on mine and my SBC H still doesn't work.

If it was battery related it would've just been the front one but it would also have come with a big red unmissable warning in the middle of the dash.

Good Christ...is it any wonder people are scared of buying used modern cars these days.

Have a look at what has just been discussed.

It could be...a battery (or two), a door switch..a gear selector module..a brake fluid change required...wheel speed sensor.. Uranus is not aligned with your moon.

Just to get the thing to pull away on a hill.

We're doomed, we're doomed Mr Mainwaring !

If it was battery related it would've just been the front one but it would also have come with a big red unmissable warning in the middle of the dash.

Yep your right. I was going by this youtube vid which shows the red warning
https://youtu.be/6l20UMf3oT8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom