Brake Hold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (16) E400 AMG Line Convertible White
I can't for the life of me get the hold system to work without bringing the car to a halt then quickly releasing the brake and reapplying.

Any ideas how I get it to work in one motion...slowing to a halt then the system applying itself?

It's a bit of a technique. slow the car down to a stop as normal then depress the brake pedal further in a sort of blip fashion. Once you get the hang of it, you'll do it every time. I must confess, I'd had the car a while before I found this feature by accident.

I brake to a stop, then give the pedal a firm push. As I'm getting used to it, the pressure of the firm push is getting less and less.

See I did it once when I was test driving the car. So is it a quick push or slow once the car is stationary?

Just a quick dab once the car's stopped.

As said above, brake to a normal stop then, whilst keeping your foot on the brake pedal, press down again as if you're trying to get it to the floor and the HOLD sign should illuminate in the dash.

Of course once you get used to it, there will come the time when you think brake hold is engaged, the starts stop system shuts the engine, you relax your right foot and look around for an attractive female driver (ahem...) Then the engine fires back into life and 'cos you're still in D the car moves forward on idle revs! This takes your mind off the other thing and onto the bumper in front!

Wakes me up every time!

Robfen100 said:
Of course once you get used to it, there will come the time when you think brake hold is engaged, the starts stop system shuts the engine, you relax your right foot and look around for an attractive female driver (ahem...) Then the engine fires back into life and 'cos you're still in D the car moves forward on idle revs! This takes your mind off the other thing and onto the bumper in front! Wakes me up every time!

Lol

That is how it works, no way of doing it in a single action.

No need to release, just push down the brake pedal firmer once the car has come to a halt and the 'hold' light will come on.

Sent from my HTC One using MBClub UK

I think I've cracked it. Thanks guys.

Oh dear, pretty sure it's a dealer only part........ ;)

Yes, brake lights stay on with hold unfortunately. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom