Brake Judder 210 Estate E300td

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
Hi

When i brake i get a vibration through the car (not the wheel) and and can feel it very slightly through the pedal. This seemed to atart after i changed the rear pads and discs about 2 months ago. Because they were genuine parts i took car to MB to check it out and they changed rear pads and discs this morning but the vibration is still there. What could it be?? Hubs were cleaned before mounting new disc etc etc. Happens even if i knock car into N (so not the drive line) Any ideas??

Car has had new engine mounts, tranny mount, driveshaft flex discs, driveshaft centre bearing, rear sub front mounts. Checked old (2 month old) disc for run out and was only getting 0.04mm thickness variation was 0.03mm.

Kinda running out of options. It could hardly be both sets of rear discs.

What do you guys think?

Hi

Nearly new 18" AMG with new tyres did it with the old tyres too. Vredestein Sessantas this time. Will be changing back to 17" for the winter later today.

Thanks,

If it's not the wheels & tyres & you can feel it through the pedal then I think it has to be in the front suspension / braking system. Any wear in bushes & linkages will be exposed by braking effort

Have you changed the front discs and pads? Have you checked the calipers are sliding freely (I assume the car has sliding single-piston calipers)? Wheel bearings OK? Geometry OK?

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

If it's not the wheels & tyres & you can feel it through the pedal then I think it has to be in the front suspension / braking system. Any wear in bushes & linkages will be exposed by braking effort

Have you changed the front discs and pads? Have you checked the calipers are sliding freely (I assume the car has sliding single-piston calipers)? Wheel bearings OK? Geometry OK?

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

I would agree with this view. I have the same vibration when braking in my W203 and it is because of a warped front disc - well I suspect anyway. Having to live with it at the moment though 'cos no funds to get it fixed.

Simon

Well i know of a few W210 which have brake judders due to worn sub frame mounts.

EDIT, just read you've already changed them!

Hi

Went over the rear suspension very thoroughly this afternoon and the only suspect thing that i can find is the bushing at the outer end of the nearside rear wishbone. Item no.8 in the attached pic. Has anyone changed this bushing? How do i remove the old one?? Did it give brake judder??/

Thanks

Attachments

• J2PrinterWorks print document.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 18
In my view I still feel that the route cause is still brake disc, worn bushes will aggravate the situation but not a cure if you can feel it through the pedal

Hi

Finally solved it, it was the front brake discs, the offside one. Lesson here for everyone front disc dont always vibrate through the steering wheel.
What dirested me to it was the MOT station i watched the rear brake test totally steady and 0% difference between wheels. Front brake test had 14% difference between wheels and there was a very slight fluctuation on the offside.

Ordered up 2 discs from MB Inchape and fitted the offside about half an hour ago and took for test drive and perfect again.

Going out now to change the other.

The discs were just over 2 years old approx 60K miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom