Brake judder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Waitforme

Car
E400D Coupé PP Cavansite Blue, Mini Countryman SD , Cayman
E400D, bought last August 11months old with 4500 miles, now has 6500 miles, I know , I know I must drive it more !

I’ve always been aware of a slight vibration / judder from the front when braking, nothing that really bothered me. Yesterday when braking harder from motorway speeds the vibration / judder is much worse. Passenger comment that the car was vibrating.

I’m going to phone the supplying garage and get it booked in to let them have a look at it.

I‘d fully expect them to tell me that the front discs are warped and need to be changed ( maybe it’s something else ? )

If if does turn out to be the discs, I’d expect them to tell me they are a consumable / non warranty item etc.
What do you think my chances are getting a warranty repair given mileage / age of car ?
Surely brakes should last longer than 6k miles ?

E400D, bought last August 11months old with 4500 miles, now has 6500 miles, I know , I know I must drive it more !

I’ve always been aware of a slight vibration / judder from the front when braking, nothing that really bothered me. Yesterday when braking harder from motorway speeds the vibration / judder is much worse. Passenger comment that the car was vibrating.

I’m going to phone the supplying garage and get it booked in to let them have a look at it.

I‘d fully expect them to tell me that the front discs are warped and need to be changed ( maybe it’s something else ? )

If if does turn out to be the discs, I’d expect them to tell me they are a consumable / non warranty item etc.
What do you think my chances are getting a warranty repair given mileage / age of car ?
Surely brakes should last longer than 6k miles ?
I’ve got the same issue, it’s 12 moths old with 8k. did you get yours sorted under warranty or did you end up paying for it?
Mines in at the minute and have told me it’s a flat spot on the disc. I’ve argued with them and there getting back to me tomorrow when the warranty manager is back in branch. If not they want £580 for front discs and pads!!!

Mine cured itself after a few weeks, never got round to taking it to the garage.
Each time I used it it would be a bit better. I think it happened after the car sat for a few weeks and the brakes seized on with the wet discs.
I knew if I put it into Merc they’d say it was a warranty issue.

Mine cured itself after a few weeks, never got round to taking it to the garage.
Each time I used it it would be a bit better. I think it happened after the car sat for a few weeks and the brakes seized on with the wet discs.
I knew if I put it into Merc they’d say it was a warranty issue.
Thanks for the reply, glad yours sorted itself out.I’ve driven mine for 1000 miles but it’s not going away. I’ll wait and see what they say tomorrow but I don’t hold much hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom