Brake pad advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Hi All,

Looking for some help. Check brake pad warning came on today I understand that means pads have worn to the sensor. Looking online at replacement front pads there's two fitments. My car is 14 plate E250 AMG CDI.
Anyone know what fitment is required?
Seems there's just one size for rear pads.
Looks like couple of sizes for front discs as well (thought I'd change them at same time)
Also do you need to buy new wear sensor?
Thanks for your help

You will need a new sensor, as for the sizes you will probably have to remove the pad to get the size

Sorry i can't be of any more help but somebody else will probably be able to help on here.

Mercedes sells pads at very reasonable prices too.

It's difficult to say for sure without knowing the VIN or reg. no.

On some models (don't know if yours is one if them) MB quote two different pad sizes as it depends which calipers are fitted. If there's any doubt you can't go wrong by sourcing via main dealer using the VIN.

I've previously had an issue with one whereby there was occasionally a very slight 'click' from the front when applying the brakes. Eventually cured by fitting MB-sourced pads as it transpired that there were two sizes listed by MB on that model, but only one by the various motor factors. Difference was only 0.5-1.0mm from memory but no problems experienced afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom