Brake Pad Measurements for reg E4JTS ML270 CDI Diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

behzamal

Car
ML 270 CDI INSPIRATION AUTO DIESEL
NEWBIE SEEKS HELP
Hello, everyone!
I'm trying to locate the correct brake pads for my car stuck out in Italy. I've got some which are 303 mm front and 285mm back.
But I dont' want to send them out without being sure.
I have no manual, Mercedes tell me to approach a dealer.
Dealer tells me they can only measure them physcially, refuse to give me the part number , insist I pay up front for some more brake pads which when they arrive they will measure.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Hi you can try and locate the right part number using the Vin and then finding aftermarket replacements for those.

Mercedes can order the correct pads from the VIN assuming the brakes are standard.

Mercedes can order the correct pads from the VIN assuming the brakes are standard.
Thanks

Just to be clear - I've got the brake pads already, I just need to be sure that they're the right ones.
I cant' afford the Merc ones.

Can you get someone in Italy to measure the pads in the car?

Dealers are told to not give out part numbers to stop you buying equivalent parts elsewhere.

MB brake parts can be very reasonably priced.

MB Newcastle and MB Edinburgh have eBay shops and offer good discounts for future reference.

Put them on a piece of paper then draw a line around them & email it to someone in Italy, then they can check by placing the pads on the drawing. Take you all of 5 minutes

Can you get someone in Italy to measure the pads in the car?

Dealers are told to not give out part numbers to stop you buying equivalent parts elsewhere.

MB brake parts can be very reasonably priced.

MB Newcastle and MB Edinburgh have eBay shops and offer good discounts for future reference.
thanks!

Put them on a piece of paper then draw a line around them & email it to someone in Italy, then they can check by placing the pads on the drawing. Take you all of 5 minutes
Thanks!
Just asked the mechanic in Italy and it's a no.
Maybe I've got the wrong mechanic

Hi bhezamal What should be a straightforward process (your question to us) of buying brake pads for a mass produced car is not always the case . I have two very recent examples of my own , despite doing all possible research for front pads for my Toyota the I bought the wrong ones as the model was change (very slightly) during the build year . on my C55 AMG a very large Mercedes Benz dealer tried to convince me that my rear callipers had been modified because they did not match what they had on their computer screen and no amount of photograph and information I found for myself could convince them otherwise.

It turned out I was right and they were wrong that fact does not help you much but proves that using the VIN number is normally the best way but is by no means foolproof.

I fear you are going to have to convince your mechanic to take out a pad and photograph/measure it just to be sure . Once done he would probably be able to source them in Italy.

Good luck.

P.S don't forget to buy new pin's and spring/plates (model dependent) at the same time if they are not already included with the pads. Try these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom