Brake pad warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Just recently my brake pad warning light has started to come on.I know they are low, when it was serviced I was told this, but no warning light was present.I shall be having new disks as well soon, I hope.What I am asking is roughly how long do I have before it becomes serious,as I only do about 10000 sedate mile a year(cough cough). Cheers.

My estimate would be 2000 miles tops mate.

Don't leave it any longer.:crazy: :crazy:

in all honesty the best thing to do is take a look - pad sensors are usually designed on the "cautious" side to allow tine to get the pads replaced - at the end of the day though replace sooner rather than later is the advice :)

Andy

Plus...with less friction material you are ultimately running with less than effective brakes - the heat dissipation won't be anything like as efficient than fresh pads - and discs maybe.

Get them done PDQ.

Well I did them myself today. I replaced the disks with ATE power disks matched up with ATE pads and all seems well.Now the pedal travel is less but there is a hell of a lot more bite from them :D How nice to feel G-Force under braking.Surprisingly the pads weren't all that bad only one had worn down to the sensor and still had about 3mm left of pad wear.The rest had about 4mm maybe 5mm material left.The disks?Well lets say that they were shot.Not scored or anything just worn down to the limit I think.Job well done about 7 hours in total.But that does include 4 hours of sunbathing in the back garden in this lovely heat wave.

disk.jpg

The type of disks I used.Pic is off the catalogue,only one I had.

I'd like to hear how you get on with those discs. I know a lad who has fitted similiar discs to his Saxo, they whistle all the time and even more so when braking, something to do with the air in the grooves, not an annoying whistle but noticable.

Did the replacement pads have wear indicators?

Originally posted by jimmy

Did the replacement pads have wear indicators?

Yes. the sensors are £1.45+vat and you plug it in near the caliper and a small probe is then pushed into a small hole at the top of the brake pad.

Nice disks, where did you get them if I may ask and what price? Will they fit either a W201 or a W124?

Eurocarparts.com do the discs for £29.00 + VAT each for the 190e 2.6, so I'd imagine that others are similarly priced. I'm off to collect some on Saturday morning actually.

Yep thats the place ECP.Got 2 vented and grooved disks £55 inc vat.They also do a standard disk ie no grooves sligtly cheaper.
The ones for the 190 start at £49 inc vat dependant on year.And for the 200T £59 inc vat.
PS all prices quoted are for a pair.

PPS scott check if you have got the right part No

926 22 0040 fits the 16v model £59 inc vat

926 22 0050 fits non 16v model £49 inc vat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom