Brake pad wear indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmyca69

Car
Looking for new one
Quick query, might be stupid question but thought i'd clarify - bought some genuine MB front pads from ebay from Stratmerc and also some read pagid ones from ECP.

Noticed in some threads it mentions the need to replace the brake pad wear sensors when replacing pads. Checking ECP site they only have following options for the sensors:

Front Right/Rear Right
Front Left

So my question is confirmation I need to replace all when changing pads and if so where do I get the rear left one from?

I recently replaced all the pads on my C Class and manage to re-use the sensors. I replaced them BEFORE they had worn down to the sensors and there is only one per axle on mine. (One on the front and one on the back)
If they are the same type on yours, they just clip into the pad backing plate, with a short probe into the pad. Take care when removing from the old pads if you attempt this.

one of the front sensors is a pre-wear sensor which you dont really need, will be an mb part if you really want to replace it.

If the wear light is on you will need new sensors

If its not on you may be able to reuse old ones if carefull when removing them

ECP sell pagid sensors, we never have any trouble with them

mb part numbers

front left - A2115400717
Front Right - A2115401717

Thanks all

Checked my MB pads (hadn't opened them) and it comes with 2 x front brake sensors :) so I didn't even need to worry.

Given the above info then am I to assume that it has one sensor per axle? (hence the lack of a rear left option? and a pre-wear option on the front? (hence the 2 that came with MB front pads?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom