Brake pad wear warning but brakes are fine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R77C

Car
C63
Annoyingly I was cleaning my wheels with a wheel brush and I must have knocked the brake pad sensor out as since then, and all of a sudden, my car is displaying an amber "check brake pad wear" warning whenever I start it.

I know that the brakes are all fine wear-wise as it was serviced in October and there was plenty of meat left on all four brakes, so it's clear I've just knocked something with the wheel brush.

Would this require new pads on the inflicted brake or is it possible to simply replace/reconnect the wear sensor?

It's a 2014 W204 C63 coupe. Standard brakes, non PPP.

Thank you!

Excellent news, thank you for confirming!

If you are looking for a new sensor then check Halfords as i just picked a set of ATE rear discs and pads for £130 in total but i forgot the wear sensors so order them yesterday at £4.15 each , the same ATE sensors on eBay are £30+ each.

K

If you DIY and keep an eye on your pads ,simply join the wires together would turn off the light.

If you are looking for a new sensor then check Halfords as i just picked a set of ATE rear discs and pads for £130 in total but i forgot the wear sensors so order them yesterday at £4.15 each , the same ATE sensors on eBay are £30+ each.

K
Good to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom